Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Evil Magma Peas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
So, with the Double Gardening Rewards going on, I was hoping to get 2 elder harvests out of my Magma Peas so I can get 4x the seeds, and I was wondering if that's possible in the 4 days this is going on. I have 5 likes: Red Barn Farm, Egg Basket, Boom Shroom, Djembe Drum, and a Tropical Garden Gnome. When they become young I will use a pixie on them to also boost their growth time. Does anyone know if this is possible to do within 2 days?

Thanks
-
Garrett Ashflame, Champion 120
Joshua Ashflame, Prodigious 114
Ronan Ashflame, Prodigious 114
Calamity Ashflame, Legendary 63

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
In my experience it takes about 3 days with all the likes. Just remember to add that pixie as soon as you can so you have the full 6 likes in place. So you definitely will get at least one doubling of rewards before Sunday - assuming you did all your planting on Wednesday. One trick that I do from time to time is to plant some seeds during a period before the double rewards starts and just let them elder and sit there until the next double garden rewards period.

The double garden rewards comes along a couple of times a year, usually 3 or 4 times. So after the current one, if you have extra seeds, plant them in some other plot or house if you want. Let them get to Elder, then forget about them until the next double garden rewards, and then go harvest them for immediate extra seeds and snacks. This is hit or miss, but I have been able to amass 300 evil magma peas over 2 years due to double garden rewards. I started out with only about 10 of the plants. So it is pretty easy for me to plant 60 or so, raise them to elder, and just forget about harvesting them until the next double garden rewards. However, since Kingsisle usually gives you 4 or 5 days for the garden rewards, its not a problem to get at least one full harvest in during the time frame as long as you have all the likes in place.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
CUTEHORSEY on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
In my experience it takes about 3 days with all the likes. Just remember to add that pixie as soon as you can so you have the full 6 likes in place. So you definitely will get at least one doubling of rewards before Sunday - assuming you did all your planting on Wednesday. One trick that I do from time to time is to plant some seeds during a period before the double rewards starts and just let them elder and sit there until the next double garden rewards period.

The double garden rewards comes along a couple of times a year, usually 3 or 4 times. So after the current one, if you have extra seeds, plant them in some other plot or house if you want. Let them get to Elder, then forget about them until the next double garden rewards, and then go harvest them for immediate extra seeds and snacks. This is hit or miss, but I have been able to amass 300 evil magma peas over 2 years due to double garden rewards. I started out with only about 10 of the plants. So it is pretty easy for me to plant 60 or so, raise them to elder, and just forget about harvesting them until the next double garden rewards. However, since Kingsisle usually gives you 4 or 5 days for the garden rewards, its not a problem to get at least one full harvest in during the time frame as long as you have all the likes in place.
For anyone that doesn't know, you can add a Pixie just as soon as a plant comes out of seed stage. Depending on the plant, 1-2 days after planting.

The next Double Rewards for gardens should be in May, but KI has been known to mix it up a bit. Any seeds you want doubled up, get them planted as soon as you can.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
CUTEHORSEY on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:

This is what I do as well. This is the only way I've ever gotten two Elder harvests during the same promo. Harvest the elder plants and replant them on the first day and by the last day of the promo, even without every like (but have most of them) you should get a second harvest.

I started out with 25 EMP seeds a couple of years ago, and now I have almost 2,000. One wizard alone has approximately 44 pages of seeds (roughly 350) between his backpack and bank.

That's another thing that's worth pointing out. Things like the Djembe Drum and Egg Basket you will no longer be able to collect when your backpack and bank are full, but the Crowns seeds such as EMP's keep on accumulating even when you exceed your limits.

Of course there comes a time when it's too much anyway and you have to feed them to your pet, but at least you won't lose them.