Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce for pve

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
KI, let pierce boost in pve just like it does in pvp. Sell more jewel packs, make players happy, profit, win.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Piece jewels work the same in pve as pvp so not sure what you are getting at here.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The pierce in PvP is just a visual glitch. It imparts no extra value.

Defender
May 02, 2015
In pvp, if your pierce value exceeds the attacked party's resistance, the remaining pierce is applied as a boost, like if you hit a myth mob with a storm spell. This effect does not work in pve.

And I just tested it. A pierce boost was not applied.

In pve this value would give a damage percent boost on all resistances if the pierce rating fully penetrated it. Even if the resistance was 0%.

Example:

Ice wizard spell with 20% pierce against a storm creature would yield an inherent 20% boot, the equivalent of a bladestorm.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
luckguy93 on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
In pvp, if your pierce value exceeds the attacked party's resistance, the remaining pierce is applied as a boost, like if you hit a myth mob with a storm spell. This effect does not work in pve.

And I just tested it. A pierce boost was not applied.

In pve this value would give a damage percent boost on all resistances if the pierce rating fully penetrated it. Even if the resistance was 0%.

Example:

Ice wizard spell with 20% pierce against a storm creature would yield an inherent 20% boot, the equivalent of a bladestorm.
Like I said before, that is a mere visual glitch. I have tested it before and the boost applies no further damage. Furthermore, it only appears when you pierce your opponent's resist to 1%. Pierce their resist completely or more than their resist and you will no longer see "boost".

Defender
May 02, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
Like I said before, that is a mere visual glitch. I have tested it before and the boost applies no further damage. Furthermore, it only appears when you pierce your opponent's resist to 1%. Pierce their resist completely or more than their resist and you will no longer see "boost".
I could have sworn that I read like a KI update article from the past that explained a "new pvp mechanic" that did what I was saying... Weird... But if you've done the math