Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unwanted helpers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
Whenever i'm farming mobs, people just hop into my fight without even asking and it's really annoying. I setup my deck to kill a certain amount of mobs in a fast manner, but when they add another enemy it messes everything up. They even get salty sometimes because I don't say hello back? smh, w101 needs a feature to lock/unlock magic circles, but obviously not in dungeons.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Fractures on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
Whenever i'm farming mobs, people just hop into my fight without even asking and it's really annoying. I setup my deck to kill a certain amount of mobs in a fast manner, but when they add another enemy it messes everything up. They even get salty sometimes because I don't say hello back? smh, w101 needs a feature to lock/unlock magic circles, but obviously not in dungeons.
Just farm in a perfect realm.

People will always hop in and out of other's matches, not much you can do about that to stop it.

Just the way both the game and people are.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2016
Fractures on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
I understand where you are coming from. It usually happens in the worlds Wizard City-Mooshu but stops after that. I suggest going to a realm less populated, usually the ones at the bottom. I would be so close to killing a mob then someone would come in, yes it does get annoying.
That's all that will pretty much help the problem, hopefully it helped!

Jenna SpirteHeart
All you need is faith, trust, and a pixie spell.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I agree 100%. Nothing more annoying than when you have set up your opponents with all the relevant blades and traps and cast your final dragon with the expectation of roasting said foes, when some junior Gandalf pops in and adds a new foe you didn't count on.

Whats even more annoying is if they get an attitude like its somehow your fault they messed up the perfect kill zone.

Yes please vote on the locking your circle ability.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I think that ruins the bonding that Wizard 101 has always been about since it first launched. If you want to avoid players going in, just switch realms. :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Switching realms does not work. I can't figure out why that is supposed to be a perfect solution. There is no such thing as an empty realm or a realm in which no one can jump into your battle without permission.

It can and does happen in every realm I've been in.

Sometimes I've gone to a perfect realm to try to ward off this type of thing - I look around, it looks like no one else is there, so I start a battle - and someone joins the circle without a word.

Most of them don't even say hello first. If asked why they joined they give selfish reasons. It's not about "helping," it's about using you to finish their own quest faster.

But the people who feel fine with using others in this way will defend this eternally. I wish K.I. would give those who don't enjoy this type of coersion, an option to not allow it.

Despite what some might say, it wouldn't affect anyone else at all. THEY can go to a perfect realm if there are not enough battle circles (which I've never yet seen to be the case.) THEY can go to a perfect realm if no one wants to quest with them. THEY can go to the commons or arrange questing partners.

Just my opinion.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Maybe if some sort of private realm or private party could be added, then it could be all sorted out.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
It WOULD be nice to have the lock/ unlock option for battles you really just wanna do by yourself.... love this idea

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Multiplayer online games with millions of users are what they are, and may result in players interacting, seeing, or caught in a battle with one another.

So until Wizard 101 offers players the option to lock battles, or go to exclusion zones where only one player may enter any battle; here are options you can do now:
  • Find quieter realms
    - You will find yourself in more battle with less; or no players
  • Play in harder areas of the game
  • Play in Level Exclusive Areas
    Some areas of the game, and some dungeons require you to be a specific level before you can enter
  • Play in Solo only dungeons
  • Ultimate Solution - Create a stand alone game no one but you has access too

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I honestly find the way people leap in before looking or asking very odd.

In pretty much every other MMO I have played it is generally considered extremely impolite to barge in on other people's fights without asking. This is the only game I have played where the rule seems to be jump right in and "help" whether the other player wants it or not.

I will also add that since Celestia I have died at least a half dozen times because someone decided to "help" me without looking at my health and/or the state of the battle.

In earlier levels adding some new monster isn't a big deal because they don't cast stormzilla or some equally potent spell on the first round, but once they start going to town with the big spells adding a new guy can become deadly pretty fast.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
nick the wiz on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
It WOULD be nice to have the lock/ unlock option for battles you really just wanna do by yourself.... love this idea
Me too! I'm happy to see others feel this way.

There isn't enough crowding to say it would be a problem, imo, and some would rather solo at least some of the time.

People are still free to quest together at any point in time. The difference would be it would involve consent among all team members. Lol

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
Yup! When I was in Triton Avenue one day on my way to battle the Kracken, I accidently got swept into battle with a haunted minion, I was about to finish right away until a person joined!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I sometimes wonder if at one point they intended to create closed circles but never figured out a really good way to do it.

Take groups for example. When you're in a group, a purple mist floats around in the player slots in a dual until the people in your group join. When I first started playing, I thought that meant the spot was reserved. I'm thinking that may have been the idea and an original purpose behind groups, reserving spots in battle to keep others out. But there may have been problems figuring out the mechanics so it was something that was never implemented.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Here's my favorite:

In Mirage, a friend and I are fighting Trengils (fire) that pack quite a wallop. Just before I make the kill, someone jumps in. We notice he didn't have much health. Lo-and-behold, he was a L37 fire wizard who apparently ported to a friend and started wandering around, getting into trouble.

"Shield me", "heal me", "when are you going to kill it", and "oh, I just wanted to see what it was like".

Well, I let him die, then made my kill shot. After we were done, my friend and I immediately ported to another realm. Game over.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
Here's my favorite:

In Mirage, a friend and I are fighting Trengils (fire) that pack quite a wallop. Just before I make the kill, someone jumps in. We notice he didn't have much health. Lo-and-behold, he was a L37 fire wizard who apparently ported to a friend and started wandering around, getting into trouble.

"Shield me", "heal me", "when are you going to kill it", and "oh, I just wanted to see what it was like".

Well, I let him die, then made my kill shot. After we were done, my friend and I immediately ported to another realm. Game over.
That sounds like it was annoying