Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

second school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2015
i have a lvl 75 death and i would love to be able to use spells from a second school but by the time it takes to get the pips for even a mid ranked spell i have already taken a fair chunk of damage and it never does that much damage cause i don't have any buffs for that school except maybe a balance blade or elemental / spirit blades and traps.

what i would like to see is quests for your schools version of your second schools spells for example if you were death and you had life as a second school you could do the quest for unicorn and get a death unicorn spell that healed everyone but was still a death spell but only do it for certain spells that would be helpful but not to over powered like judgement that would cause lots of problems in pvp.
PS. i don't pvp so i don't really mind what happens there

also it could be made that for learning spells from a quest it would cost a training point and gold or an extra training point so that if you want to learn that spell you'll need to work harder for it.

i'm sure there are faults in my argument but this is just something i would like to see happen because i personally don't see the point in getting a second school now i have 13 training points sitting around doing nothing because to me second schools aren't worth the time

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
mpl69 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
i have a lvl 75 death and i would love to be able to use spells from a second school but by the time it takes to get the pips for even a mid ranked spell i have already taken a fair chunk of damage and it never does that much damage cause i don't have any buffs for that school except maybe a balance blade or elemental / spirit blades and traps.

what i would like to see is quests for your schools version of your second schools spells for example if you were death and you had life as a second school you could do the quest for unicorn and get a death unicorn spell that healed everyone but was still a death spell but only do it for certain spells that would be helpful but not to over powered like judgement that would cause lots of problems in pvp.
PS. i don't pvp so i don't really mind what happens there

also it could be made that for learning spells from a quest it would cost a training point and gold or an extra training point so that if you want to learn that spell you'll need to work harder for it.

i'm sure there are faults in my argument but this is just something i would like to see happen because i personally don't see the point in getting a second school now i have 13 training points sitting around doing nothing because to me second schools aren't worth the time
"I'm sure there are many faults in my argument"

You're right, they are.

First off, I can tell by your post that you're a relatively new player, are you? If so, then Welcome :D

So, you mentioned the difficulty in using spells from other schools. Well, that's why you've School Mastery Amulets. They allow you to use the specific school the amulets says spells using Power Pips just as how do with your Spells.
These amulets are expensive in the Crown Shop but are also dropped from a few select bosses. You're better off purchasing than Farming if Time is against you.

Understand that Second schools are meant to just assist in having an easier time in battles. You say you've 13 points to spare, so I'll help you spend a few.
If you haven't already:

Train to Tower Shield
Train the Spells up to at your level Colossal.

And you can't want new spells like these and imply that just because you don't PvP, you don't care on how it will impact or affect that community, that's a bit selfish, don't you think?

Your idea will slowly make each school feel the same like how they already are and it's something that many players don't wish to see continue.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Personally I would rather have a quest that allows you to learn to craft an item (or possibly a gem) similar to a mastery amulet that would only work for spells of a certain rank in a secondary school. So a tier one death focus item might allow casting up to vampire using power pips...and a tier two focus might work as well as a mastery amulet.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
I only train in schools so I can get certain spells. Feint, Satyr, Tower Shield etc.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Survivor
Jun 12, 2015
i know about mastery amulets that second schools are only met for some certain spells, like tower shield but for someone who doesn't pvp this would be something i think would be cool i also like the idea of having to craft the mew spells or having them as jewels and maybe it could be made that all the second school's spells ( not from the teacher) could be non pvp so it wont effect the people who like to do pvp

fyi Star Edward i have been playing since dragonspyre was the end of the game