Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Downloading wizard101 on a chromebook

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Hi just bought a chromebook and tried to download wiz on it but it said "This file is designed for a pc using windows software. this is not compatible with your device which runs Chrome OS please search the chrome webstore for a suitable replacement app" Please help i just wanna play wiz..

Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
I think it's just PC or Mac, Sorry.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Yes. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but per our System Requirements page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements

"Wizard101 can be played on most computers.

Wizard101 will not run on iPads, iPhones, Android devices, PowerPC systems, Chromebooks, Xbox, Nintendo or PlayStation consoles. Wizard101 will not run on Linux operating systems. "

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Any chance Kingsisle will do something about this? I agree it's ... annoying.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
JKbalance on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Any chance Kingsisle will do something about this? I agree it's ... annoying.
Unlikely. The market share of chromebooks isn't really big enough to justify creating a new version of Wizard101 to maintain.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
One thing to add here. Yesterday I was researching this question, and I did stumble upon a video from our friends at Codeweaver. They had uploaded a video to YouTube of Wizard101 working on a Chromebook with their CrossOver Android beta product.

I can't officially recommend this solution as it is not supported (and I don't further details), but this might be something to investigate further if you're using a Chromebook and want to play Wizard101.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Dworgyn on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
One thing to add here. Yesterday I was researching this question, and I did stumble upon a video from our friends at Codeweaver. They had uploaded a video to YouTube of Wizard101 working on a Chromebook with their CrossOver Android beta product.

I can't officially recommend this solution as it is not supported (and I don't further details), but this might be something to investigate further if you're using a Chromebook and want to play Wizard101.
When could it be officially possible to support Chromebooks? Like W101 been out for more than 8 years?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I happen to know someone with a Linux system, Ubuntu, who has been playing Wiz on it for quite a while. Like Dworgyn said about Chromebook, KI doesn't support it or recommend it. If you have an operating system glitch with a non-supported system, it's up to you to figure it out, not KI. That said, my friend is mostly successful using it, with only the occasional downloading glitch with big updates.
At least some of the KI free games work on android. I might not be able to play Wiz on it, but I can play the tower defense game and earn pet snacks and other stuff.