Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100+ Bad Decks Rant

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Many decks around levels 60-100 have 6 card space for any type of spell. In Polaris, they only have 5. And in Mirage, they only have 4. This is absolute trash! 4 card space for any cards?!?! That's only enough for 4 colossal and 4 epics.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Then use the lower level decks. Stats or space, make up your mind.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Yeah, the new decks are very disappointing. 4 space has to be a joke!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Must be a PvP thing. I rarely see any need to ever have more than 3 of any spell in my deck. Full decks mean lots of discarding cards and wasting rounds. It's just like other gear stats, you sacrifice space to get better stats or take lower stats for increased space. Everything in the game is tradeoffs where gear is concerned.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
seethe42 on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
Must be a PvP thing. I rarely see any need to ever have more than 3 of any spell in my deck. Full decks mean lots of discarding cards and wasting rounds. It's just like other gear stats, you sacrifice space to get better stats or take lower stats for increased space. Everything in the game is tradeoffs where gear is concerned.
Well, I often have four spell copies of my school blade, which combined with sharpen blade, allows me to create two pairs of stacking blades. So I appreciate a deck that allows four copies.

But the only time I have ever used more than four copies of a spell that I did not ultimately decide four or less would be better is special enchant decks for creating treasure attack cards using purchased gargantuan cards. In that one case, the more the better, as the number of copies limits the number of treasure cards you can create in a single fight.

I like to keep an extra preenchanted attack or two in my sideboard for emergencies, they are often more useful than reshuffle and cheaper -- gargantuan is only 500 gold while reshuffle is 1100.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I use the Darkmoor crafted deck on all my wizards, but rarely have more than 2 attack and healing spells worth of cards (including buffs) in there. Why use that high a deck? For the extra starting pip and triangle gem for the additional shadow pip %

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
For hitting and soloing bossses, mobs, etc. it is fine. I got three decks, one for bosses, one for minions and one for support. I only have one rat deck so naturally I use that for bosses. I picked up the 118 deck for mobs as it gave more of everything and I would not need more the 4 cards but for support, (as I am death) I usually carry 5-6 feints, elementals, weakensss, heals, etc. so you really need more than 4 card space but for hitting it is fine

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Most high level players use very small decks. Id say I average 10 cards in my questing deck, whatever the school.It makes things more efficient. Ever wonder why that wizard you know always seems to have the card they need right away, while you are wasting 3 rounds searching for a blade? That's why. Consider trying it out, make a small deck with only the spells you are always searching for, nothing more. You will definitely see why we can certainly make do with 4 card slots in Mirage.
Amber

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Most high level players use very small decks. Id say I average 10 cards in my questing deck, whatever the school.It makes things more efficient. Ever wonder why that wizard you know always seems to have the card they need right away, while you are wasting 3 rounds searching for a blade? That's why. Consider trying it out, make a small deck with only the spells you are always searching for, nothing more. You will definitely see why we can certainly make do with 4 card slots in Mirage.
Amber
Well I do indeed use a small deck. But I like using multiple of the same enchant.