Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any good gear tips for a Fire Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I'm (almost) level 80 and I want to know what gear would be suitable for areas in and past the Wyrd. I am currently up to the Tower of the Blue Dahlia (but might be finished by the time this is approved), and, embarassingly, at my level I can't really 'solo' anything as much as I did in Zafaria and Celestia.

Here's my gear that I have currently equipped:
Hat: Zigazag Desert Headgear
Robe: Firestarter's Cape
Boots: Mysterious Jade Boots
Ring: Lake Spiral Ring
Athame: Weirwood's Thorn
Deck: Tanglewood Cards
Pet: Phoenix w/ +40 HP

Please comment anything I should change, but not a rare drop or bought with Crowns. If it is a drop, please tell me where to get it from.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The full firestarter gear which comes from waterworks. Ring would be ruby ring of battle, it's that or something like that. Athame: Lexicon Blade. Deck is really anything that has enough space for your cards you bring into battle with you. Pet: triple damage double resist. That pet is probably the most basic pet.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Valdus EmeraldDust on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm (almost) level 80 and I want to know what gear would be suitable for areas in and past the Wyrd. I am currently up to the Tower of the Blue Dahlia (but might be finished by the time this is approved), and, embarassingly, at my level I can't really 'solo' anything as much as I did in Zafaria and Celestia.

Here's my gear that I have currently equipped:
Hat: Zigazag Desert Headgear
Robe: Firestarter's Cape
Boots: Mysterious Jade Boots
Ring: Lake Spiral Ring
Athame: Weirwood's Thorn
Deck: Tanglewood Cards
Pet: Phoenix w/ +40 HP

Please comment anything I should change, but not a rare drop or bought with Crowns. If it is a drop, please tell me where to get it from.
It depends what kind of gear you're are looking for. For me I choose a gear that has health, accuracy, Critical hits and blocks and other attack and defense abilitity which is the crafting gear. Other good gear is in Waterworks, Atlantia,Tartarus, and Darkmoor dungeons. I would suggest to find a gear with good health, offense and defense ability. A pet with healing and offense ability will help. Plus watch out for those critical hits on you. They are killers

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Thanks for the good gear suggestions, was lucky enough to get firestarter hood and boots in my second run of Waterworks.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Valdus EmeraldDust on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the good gear suggestions, was lucky enough to get firestarter hood and boots in my second run of Waterworks.
That was lucky. Specially the boots