Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Untimed Minigames (Fairgrounds / FreeKIGames)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Good morning, great wizards of the Spiral!

Wizard101 is brilliant! I have a level 100 Life wizard, a level 53 Death wizard, and several others (24 total) over six accounts. :) I just plain adore Wiz! Especially the first two arcs. My best wizard is still in Khrysalis, so I have yet to visit Polaris firsthand...

So anyway, here's my question. May I respectfully and humbly request more non-timed mini-games / Flash games (FreeKIGames) / and pet training games on behalf of the autistic and otherwise learning-disabled communities? I have a few ideas that might help get the project rolling, although I'm no game developer/designer like those of your most amazing games, W101 and P101. I have autism myself, and I don't know 100% whether that's why, but I think a lot more slowly (and thoroughly) than many of my peers, and because I am prone to anxiety, I tend to avoid timed games and tricky duels like the plague. I hope you will consider my request, because I'm sure you get lots of requests and reports that need looking into, so please don't let this message get shoved into a random pile of paperwork (like Merle Ambrose said "Gamma" did with Penny Dreadful's application; remember that ol' quest? Lol, I love side quests...)

I like the Cannon pet training game because even though it was a tiny bit frustrating to try to learn the controls without wasting Energy, once I got the hang of it, it was really fun, even addictive. And best of all, I could take all the time I needed to aim at the target. Grumpy Gobblers is fun, too, but I think I like the Cannon game better. I'm not sure quite why. They're both really good. Maybe it's the world-like setting... Hmm.

But say you run out of energy, or you need your potions filled and don't want to pay Hilda Brewer a fortune to refill them for you. (3,000 gold per bottle at level 100? Wow...) So, say you wanna play one of those minigames. If you don't like timed games, there's only one option I've come across: playing Potion Motion in what I call "random-fire mode." In other words, don't even look at the gem board; just click and drag random gems in random directions really, really quickly.

A lot of people love timed games. It's thrilling for them, and I understand that. It's perfectly fine. But it's not like that for me. I'm the kind of person who reached Marleybone for the first time in Wizard101, and suddenly stopped playing for about a year, out of fear of getting pulled into unwanted battles on the seemingly dangerous trek to meet Ms. Conrail in Hyde Park.

Through all of this, my point is, can we have more untimed minigames to choose from? Please??

Thank you for considering my idea,
Rebecca Dreamhunter, Exalted Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Rebecca Ripple on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Good morning, great wizards of the Spiral!

Wizard101 is brilliant! I have a level 100 Life wizard, a level 53 Death wizard, and several others (24 total) over six accounts. :) I just plain adore Wiz! Especially the first two arcs. My best wizard is still in Khrysalis, so I have yet to visit Polaris firsthand...

So anyway, here's my question. May I respectfully and humbly request more non-timed mini-games / Flash games (FreeKIGames) / and pet training games on behalf of the autistic and otherwise learning-disabled communities? I have a few ideas that might help get the project rolling, although I'm no game developer/designer like those of your most amazing games, W101 and P101. I have autism myself, and I don't know 100% whether that's why, but I think a lot more slowly (and thoroughly) than many of my peers, and because I am prone to anxiety, I tend to avoid timed games and tricky duels like the plague. I hope you will consider my request, because I'm sure you get lots of requests and reports that need looking into, so please don't let this message get shoved into a random pile of paperwork (like Merle Ambrose said "Gamma" did with Penny Dreadful's application; remember that ol' quest? Lol, I love side quests...)

I like the Cannon pet training game because even though it was a tiny bit frustrating to try to learn the controls without wasting Energy, once I got the hang of it, it was really fun, even addictive. And best of all, I could take all the time I needed to aim at the target. Grumpy Gobblers is fun, too, but I think I like the Cannon game better. I'm not sure quite why. They're both really good. Maybe it's the world-like setting... Hmm.

But say you run out of energy, or you need your potions filled and don't want to pay Hilda Brewer a fortune to refill them for you. (3,000 gold per bottle at level 100? Wow...) So, say you wanna play one of those minigames. If you don't like timed games, there's only one option I've come across: playing Potion Motion in what I call "random-fire mode." In other words, don't even look at the gem board; just click and drag random gems in random directions really, really quickly.

A lot of people love timed games. It's thrilling for them, and I understand that. It's perfectly fine. But it's not like that for me. I'm the kind of person who reached Marleybone for the first time in Wizard101, and suddenly stopped playing for about a year, out of fear of getting pulled into unwanted battles on the seemingly dangerous trek to meet Ms. Conrail in Hyde Park.

Through all of this, my point is, can we have more untimed minigames to choose from? Please??

Thank you for considering my idea,
Rebecca Dreamhunter, Exalted Theurgist
This post got "lost in the paperwork," didn't it...? Exactly what I hoped would not happen... *sigh* :(

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I agree with you! I don't have a learning disability/autism, but my sister does and I personally have severe anxiety/ptsd. I understand how certain games can be stressful. My sister either runs the pet maze or does pet derby because she has trouble with the other games. The same applies to the mini games. She will only play potion motion. I've always wanted more variety in the pet pavilion because I love to level pets and the same games get boring!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Conjuration (the matching one) is infinitely timed.. until you make your first match, it doesnt count down, during the infinite time, it shows every match... and only have to hit lvl 3 to full a potion

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I am not good at the fast reflex games at all. I hope for more of the games similar to the one where you move tiles around or the one where you match up symbols.

I'm okay at the memory game, but it too is fast reflex.

I don't enjoy battle games.

I do wish there would be more pet training games and more mana filling games made available and in more variety.
Some players do have disability in muscular or visual areas. Some also are not good at puzzles. So more variety and balance and maybe a bit easier to play longer term.

I can play the above games longer term, but, they do get tedious, after a while to be honest.

I know this isn't very helpful but I also know KI is extremely creative and can address this when time and budget permits them to :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
Conjuration (the matching one) is infinitely timed.. until you make your first match, it doesnt count down, during the infinite time, it shows every match... and only have to hit lvl 3 to full a potion
But once you make a match, it's very very quick, and that stress erases the memory in some people. :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
SparkleTude on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
But once you make a match, it's very very quick, and that stress erases the memory in some people. :)
simply just draw the card matches... no memory needed