Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

chester doors imposible to beat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
Have any of u guys try to beat chester doors you now its hard have any tips at all post them to help each other out Its just the nice thing to do. P.S he uses traps for all about to battle him so study up on traps and be prepared.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Yes! I am a level 35 ice wizard and i still can't beat him. I would love to have some help.

Ryan Willowsmith level 35

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Chester Droors is one of the easiest fights in the game. If you can't solo him your friends can port into the fight once you start it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
He's really not that hard, just get a trap on him quickly to stop his healing spam. Blade up, then attack. Always keep a trap on him to prevent his healing.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Kill Chester's helpers fast and first. If you're playing Death, feint them, blade yourself, hit them with a big drain such as Vampire, then repeat. Other schools will want to kill both using feint and blade, then heal up with a couple Pixies.

Chester has 845 health. Most players at the right level to fight him will be capable of doing 300+ damage with a good, single target hit. Cast feint and your school trap on Chester. Cast blade on yourself. (Life will need to add a prism.) This should boost damage over 900 for a single hit.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
As a fire all i needed to do was Fire Trap, Elemental Blade, Fire Blade, Wyldfire, and then Meteor Strike. If you want you can summon a FIire Elemental minion, but I didn't find that I needed it.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Both of the cheating characters in Wysteria (Chester Droors and Randolph Starshine) can be dealt with pretty easily simply by defeating them in one shot with a single attack. If the first shot defeats them, they are gone before their cheats can activate. The cheats are only a problem if you try to nibble away at them with several small attacks in a row, which is bad tactics in almost every duel in the game.

By the time you reach Chester Droors you should have learned a four pip attack spell (Kraken/Ice Wyvern/Vampire/Seraph for storm/ice/death/life). Combine that with a school blade, a school trap, and a feint, and your target will go down. Balance can use spectral blast. Myth and fire should probably use AoE spells, Humongofrog and Meteor strike.

At level 25 you can lean elemental blade or spirit blade for another 35% blade, Niles the balance tree in Krokotopia will teach you either for a training point. Feint is learned by studying Death as a secondary school, it is a trap that gives a whopping 70% bonus, and becomes available at level 26.

Randolph Spellshine will go down the same way, he has a few more health than Chester Droors but not enough to make much difference.

If you are under level 26 you may not be able to stack enough damage enhancers to take these guys down in one hit. But you can certainly take them down in two hits. This would only let their cheat activate once, which is not that hard to deal with.

You need to learn to do this, stack up blades and traps until you can defeat your target in a single hit. It's a basic part of what Seethe has called "wearing big wizard pants".

Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
I waited till level 40 to do Wysteria and he still took me a while considering I'm ice. I didn't manage my deck well and took forever to draw a trap.

I eventually overpowered him though due to my high level though. Fill your deck with a lot of traps and take out the minions first then you should be fine.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
Wysteria adds about 2-3 levels, so if you're 25 when you start Wysteria, then you should be at least 26 or 27 by the time you get to Chester, which means you can train Feint (or use a TC Feint). Randolf is tough, but Chester is tougher. Neither one is that bad once you understand their cheats. Just follow all the hints listed in this thread.