Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1st Person Perspective in WIzard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Hello fellow Wizards,

My Sister and I have been thinking quite a bit on an idea in wizard101 that would improve player experience.

Here's our idea : First Person Perspective. This would work in PvP, PvE, and just chillin' with your friends.

The way it works in combat : When the Wizard is selecting a spell, the Wizard is in first person until after the spell is casted, then it goes into third person.

Overall, it is an interesting idea and hopefully it can somehow be implemented into the game.
Settings/Gameplay Options 3/First Person Perspective <on> <off>

Constructive criticism is welcome :)

John 110

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Currently there is sort of something like that, but it's a total pain and not really intentional on KI's part. You just zoom in as far as you can go, then run backwards until you can't see your character anymore and hold down the right mouse button to keep the camera from zooming back out to show your wizard again. It only works so long as you keep that right mouse button depressed. My only thing with first person view, based on the fact that I've done this trick quite a bit, is that our wizards are so short that you don't always get a very clear view of everything around you, since the game really was designed to be played from a camera that's way high up above our characters. If the camera could be higher than eye level while avoiding showing our characters, I think it would be great. It would certainly make taking good screenshots easier.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
I've been thinking about this for a long time, and although it might be hard to implement, I strongly agree with you here.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Is this the Glitch that Blue did in his video recently? (I'm sorry, but that video was terrible and morally wrong) He said something about Control G, but I haven't tested that yet.... (I forget easily).