Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Type to Log In?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
I was trying to log in today to play the game and I tried to type in the password bar and it wouldn't let me. I tried putting new batteries in my keyboard, shutting the internet off and turning it on again, quitting the game and re-opening it... I've tried everything I can think of! Please help!

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
catluv129 on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
I was trying to log in today to play the game and I tried to type in the password bar and it wouldn't let me. I tried putting new batteries in my keyboard, shutting the internet off and turning it on again, quitting the game and re-opening it... I've tried everything I can think of! Please help!
Hi! I asked our Support, and this was the response I was given:

"Try this

If you would Open up your Wizard101 folder ( you will find it under Program Data > KingsIsle Entertainment) and go to the Bin Folder. In there you will see a file called "config.xml". I want you to delete that file. Once that is done, open up Wizard101 and try to login again. What this is doing is creating a fresh new config file for you. The game should load up properly.

Please let me know how and if this works.

Thanks,
KingsIsle Support

PS if program data doesn't show KingsIsle's folder you may have to do the following.
You may have to turn on Hidden File Viewing to get to the ProgramData folder. You can do this by following these instructions:

1. Click the Start Button
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Folder Options
4. Click the View tab
5. Click Show hidden files and folders
6. Click OK

You should then be able to see the ProgramData folder."

If this doesn't help alleviate the issue, please contact Customer Support directly and refer to this message when you contact them.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
I did what you said and it worked! Thanks for the help!