Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden Basic Idea...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I am not sure if this has been proposed before or not. But I have noticed that Gardening does not seem to be the biggest area of play and I can understand why. Unlike Pets and Crafting it requires numerous items including some space. As such I was thinking along with the basic intro quest line that exists, we could have a sudo greenhouse like we have dorm room. That will allow for intro level gardening to occur for players. I know personally I have not attempted to garden cause I simply do not fully understand and reading this forum area only helps so far.

Anyway this is just an idea for a game improvement down the road.

Comments are welcome and requested

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Buying a wooded cottage will give you 50 outdoor spaces for 8000 gold.
A playhouse will give you 150 spaces for 15000 gold. Three times the space for less then half the money.
A few days fishing will get you started.

you can unequip them so that your primary go home is your dorm.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Gardening is easy to get the hang of. Perhaps if you asked the questions that you had, you'd get it explained in a way that makes sense :) ALL of my wizards garden, and 4 out of 5 are maxed out, with the 5th being L14 right now. If you're going to buy any house in the crown shop, for gold, get the Red Barn Farm. It is a like for almost every seed in the game :)

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
William Blueshard on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
Buying a wooded cottage will give you 50 outdoor spaces for 8000 gold.
A playhouse will give you 150 spaces for 15000 gold. Three times the space for less then half the money.
A few days fishing will get you started.

you can unequip them so that your primary go home is your dorm.
Where do I acquire one of these two? I know the Red Barn is in the Crown Shop. But I am still working at getting sufficient resources to acquire that... But the other two you mention are affordable and I could easily use one for a learning zone for Gardening.

Survivor
May 20, 2013
Actually, though a cool idea I don't find it necessary. While it'd be cool to be able to buy a house that's plant themed that boosts speed in plants by a little amount by the beginning of the game, it's not necessary, planting can be fun and prosperous anywhere. My younger sibling used to garden in his dorm and loves it, he later bought a storm house and has gardens everywhere. Also, the fact that it's space and energy consuming is balanced out by the awesome rewards.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Andhanni on Aug 19, 2016 wrote:
Where do I acquire one of these two? I know the Red Barn is in the Crown Shop. But I am still working at getting sufficient resources to acquire that... But the other two you mention are affordable and I could easily use one for a learning zone for Gardening.
The Castle Shop in Wizard City - Shopping District sells them.