Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Starting fresh... possibilities of a new game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
I've played wizard101 for about five years now and I have watched the story grow and progress and it seems like a story that deserves a definite end. Not because I dislike it, quite the opposite. A grand ending would paint more artistic meaning into the story arc. But after that then what? I won't say the game will die, pvp, house decorating, fishing, and dungeons will keep the game alive for awhile. But after the story wraps up I'd still like to see another one. I know its arrogant of me to suggest an entire new game for you- but this is the dorms, where new ideas seem to be the theme so here's my thoughts: One of the best things this game made was an intricate game universe with a ton of lore and amazing characters. So by pushing that aside and making the game focused on fighting KI is doing themselves a small disservice. I would love to see a new 101 game focused on equal parts puzzle, fighting AND exploration. I know pirate101 captures that pretty well but imagine a huge emphasis on discovery: hundreds of little floating islands between each world all some what unique with an overlying theme of the nearest world. Also the feeling of complete freedom. Also a freer of form of combat, like the grid based one of pirate but with spells as well. The player may even be able to chose a heroic or chaotic path. I guess this ideal game is heavily unlikely to be made but I'd still like to ask KI to consider these aspects if they ever chose to make a third game set in the spiral and I'll make sure to right more if I think of it.

-Blake DragonFlame

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I honestly don't think the combat system in pirate101 is more free. It seems to require more thinking to me
Like chess, and the current system of w101 is perfectly fine and easy to understand.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
eyesoftheworld8 on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
I honestly don't think the combat system in pirate101 is more free. It seems to require more thinking to me
Like chess, and the current system of w101 is perfectly fine and easy to understand.
p101 is more chess w101 is more easy, but what if you had the chance to make something new, you wouldn't redo w101, then there'd be no point to a new game

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
eyesoftheworld8 on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
Easy to understand, But it requires more strategy.