Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Patch for April 28, 2023

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards! We've got a game patch coming up on April 28, 2023 that includes the following:

Highlights
  • Night Mire Gauntlet mobs and rewards should now appear as expected
  • Players should now be able to obtain the Night Mire Badge for 50 kills
  • Players should now be able to reset the Spectral Blast spell for their Spellements
  • Added Monstrology to several mobs in the Swamp Gauntlet
  • Shadow rating now correctly affects shadow pip chance in PvP
  • Vibrant Pegasus pet no longer sounds like a car... because it’s not a car, as much as it would like to be.
  • The Bank and Shared Bank Inventory has been updated with new features and functionality (remember some of the Test Realm changes? Here we go!)
Misc.
  • Several crash fixes when access certain menus
  • Fixed Aquila’s skybox
  • Various UI, character, and spell image and animation fixes

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
The Bank & Shared Bank GUI Inventory Update is A-MA-ZING

If I could make some more minor suggestions to this new GUI:

• Would you be able to show the Locked Icon on which items are locked (as shown in a Wizard's Backpack)? [For me, personally, there has been some slight confusion telling which things are protected. I know that mousing over the Trash icon will say that it is locked, but having the icon displayed and knowing ahead of time is also helpful.]
  • If a Wizard has multiple of an item and wants to move or Trash it, they are only able to do it one-by-one, which can easily become a very time-consuming and frustrating task. With that being said, would you be able to add an extra mini-GUI (similar to the Gear/Jewel/Seed Vaults & Attic GUI) when wanting to transfer or trash a number of items? Example here.
  • Would you please consider adding the Lock Item feature within the Bank & Shared Bank GUI?

Keep up the good work!

Administrator
Jason The Wizard on Apr 28, 2023 wrote:
The Bank & Shared Bank GUI Inventory Update is A-MA-ZING

If I could make some more minor suggestions to this new GUI:

• Would you be able to show the Locked Icon on which items are locked (as shown in a Wizard's Backpack)? [For me, personally, there has been some slight confusion telling which things are protected. I know that mousing over the Trash icon will say that it is locked, but having the icon displayed and knowing ahead of time is also helpful.]
  • If a Wizard has multiple of an item and wants to move or Trash it, they are only able to do it one-by-one, which can easily become a very time-consuming and frustrating task. With that being said, would you be able to add an extra mini-GUI (similar to the Gear/Jewel/Seed Vaults & Attic GUI) when wanting to transfer or trash a number of items? Example here.
  • Would you please consider adding the Lock Item feature within the Bank & Shared Bank GUI?

Keep up the good work!
Glad you like it! Love the ideas, will let the team know!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Also am loving the new bank update. The search feature is *mwah*! But I am having an issue and wonder if it is a bug. I am unable to retrieve any spellements from shared bank to put into my backpack. When I hover over the button it says Bank is Full (my wizard's personal bank IS full but the backpack is not). It tells me to "move to backpack" but there's no option for doing so. Super confused and really want to pick up all the spellements I have in there from doing rematches last night. Thanks.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2014
The bank UI update is something I have wanted for ages. Thank you.

However, the pet snacks do not show school or rank. It would be handy to be able to sort them as well.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
As a long time and OCD player, can I request that the camera angles/timing be fixed for the spells Wraith and Ice Wyvern? The camera pan is off on both spells which leaves out extra visual effects like the tombstones and ice spikes emerging from the ground, respectively.

Also, it is currently 6:30 pm CST and my game will still not load. I hope this is a known issue and not an isolated one. Thanks for reading.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
The bank update is still full of bugs!

I've already filed a ticket on the stuff I lost today due to one of the bugs.

I can no longer move some of my other items from my pack to shared bank due to a serious design flaw which I pointed out on test realm but was ignored. This new interface is stacking items which are not all the same, and that needs to be changed. For example, I have multiple decks of the same name, and one of them is gemmed, That gemmed deck cannot be moved to the shared bank because it's gemmed. But the stacked interface prevents me from selecting any of the ungemmed decks to move. Player-alterable items should not be stacked for interface access because they are not interchangeable. Really, this is something that game developers should understand.

Another bug: Some other items simply don't appear anywhere in the backpack list. If you've got one of them equipped, good luck finding any duplicates you might want to move. They are in my pack but the new bank interface doesn't see them.

Also, spellements can't be moved over 100, so if you have very many you are also prevented from moving those anymore.

KI, when you push out a new interface, it should be properly tested on test realm, not cause item loss and restrict our ability to do basic game operations. This is now my second go-around with item loss due to this buggy bank interface. The old bank interface at least allowed me to move what I wanted and never lost an item. It was fine for many years and would have been fine a few months longer. Why the rush to take this live when it was not properly tested and when the serious bugs and design issues that were brought to your attention on test realm were not fixed before release?

Also, I don't actually find the filters to be something I'd need or use. I was hoping that the bank update would allow us to move all our spellements or all our runes or all our beastmoon idols. We get a ton of different items in these classes and it's quite a chore to go through and move each individual type of them into our shared bank. Where is the move all functionality?

I'd also like to see an option to hide the trash can in the bank interface so I can finally stop worrying about accidentally trashing items.

When can we expect the bugs to be fixed, and the interface to be redesigned so that I could actually move my decks or other gear that I can't access anymore due to this faulty bank interface design?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I disagree about the bank update but that's mostly because it isn't working well for me.

The Bank update seems to be bugged or broken, at least for me.

I've tried to move things from my bank to my shared bank, and first of all there's not any sort of highlight color that tells me what I'm highlighting. I've found clicking a few times so the picture appears (the correct one) works to select it but some things will not let themselves be transferred from my bank to my shared bank anymore. And sometimes clicking on one picture causes something else to move completely to my shared bank - not even the thing I had highlighted. These items don't seem to have anything in common - some are no trade (but you can still move those between banks), and some have the crowns icon next to them. Some are levels under my current level to use, some are above.

Sometimes, as I said, I'm clicking on one thing and something else is moving.

It's wildly buggy right now. Trying to move it from my bank to my backpack doesn't work. So right now I seem to have some gear I've collected from other characters and run-throughs that I can't even use even if I wanted to, because I can't move it out of my bank. Which is really annoying.

It seems like when you click the button to move it to you shared bank or backpack on some items, it tries to work, but it doesn't. It just times out, or the attempt wasn't successful or something, to move it.

What's going on?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
And just as an addendum to my last post (I'm unsure if it'll go through or not but the bank GUI's being buggy for me is the summary, not letting me move things immediately from my bank to my shared bank or to my backpack) - upon playing with it, I've found that if you go out of the bank and go back into it, the item will move the next time you go into it. But it may not move on the first attempt you try to move it.

That plus no different color highlight indicating you've highlighted something is not making the new system work well for me.

Thank you.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Halimeda on Apr 30, 2023 wrote:
And just as an addendum to my last post (I'm unsure if it'll go through or not but the bank GUI's being buggy for me is the summary, not letting me move things immediately from my bank to my shared bank or to my backpack) - upon playing with it, I've found that if you go out of the bank and go back into it, the item will move the next time you go into it. But it may not move on the first attempt you try to move it.

That plus no different color highlight indicating you've highlighted something is not making the new system work well for me.

Thank you.
Thank you all for these notes and suggestions! We will be showing the team everything you say and we really appreciate it!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
great, you change the back pack system, is there antwhere that explains how it works? I can't move between back pack and bank or shared bank, what are the controlls and how do they work?

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
The Duskblade on May 3, 2023 wrote:
great, you change the back pack system, is there antwhere that explains how it works? I can't move between back pack and bank or shared bank, what are the controlls and how do they work?
You have to click the small icons on the bottom left: either backpack, trunk, or trunk with arrows depending on which you're moving it to. Took me a while to find them too as they're not obvious buttons and only show the text when hovered over.

Used the new bank system today and encountered a couple of bugs:

1) I can only remove one type of item at a time. (robe/hat/seeds, etc) Trying to remove a second item from the same list has no result, just greys out the box. Have to exit bank and reopen before I can move something else. (was very tedious and slow as I was emptying my bank and shared bank of seeds.) I can, however, remove one item from multiple categories if I want. So removing a 1 hat + 1 robe + 1 shoes works, but not 2 hats. This only affects the bank, not backpack or shared bank.

2) Minor in comparison, but the icons to move items don't always load correctly. Both showed as a trunk at one point, although the hover over text still correctly said move to backpack.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2013
Hello - the bank is super buggy for me too - It takes several tries to move something from my bank to backpack, and while moving things, my game randomly crashes and I have to restart

Defender
May 22, 2012
As of 26 May 2023 the bank/shared bank is still not letting me search for reagents/snacks etc and then put into the shared bank or take out. I have to close and start over and manually click through every single page, until I can find the item. I hope this is fixed very soon

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Major Bank bug -

It is now telling me I have duplicates of items in my bank that I'm pretty sure I don't.

This is happening if you click on the "bank", "Backpack", or "Shared bank" tabs. It will say "2" when you only have 1 of the item. An example: I know I have 1 item of each Cabal Death gear in my backpack because when I pull up my backpack I can see I only have 1 item of each. But when I got into my bank, and look at it, it has a 2 next to the item on the far righthand side.

I haven't experimented further as this appears to be a glitch. Will wait for it to get fixed so I don't get banned for doing something wrong, but thought you should be told ASAP about this.

Thanks.