Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Last Boss Needs Desperate Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
For anyone now having to do last boss legit for Aeon gear please be aware that any flee and rejoin resets the 20 round poly for everyone; joining late resets it too.
Doing this for the first time since patch and my goodness I never want to farm this again.
I would much prefer if it was 5 rounds instead of 20. Also not resetting everyone if anyone joins late or has to flee and come back.
No way this is farmable with the super low drop rates, and every school dropping instead of it being school specific.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Snow11006 on Dec 20, 2022 wrote:
For anyone now having to do last boss legit for Aeon gear please be aware that any flee and rejoin resets the 20 round poly for everyone; joining late resets it too.
Doing this for the first time since patch and my goodness I never want to farm this again.
I would much prefer if it was 5 rounds instead of 20. Also not resetting everyone if anyone joins late or has to flee and come back.
No way this is farmable with the super low drop rates, and every school dropping instead of it being school specific.
I strongly agree.

The Aeon of Avatus, as it is currently designed, is so unfriendly to the typical player that it was only tolerated at first because of a loophole in its' cheats. The amount of time that is apparently expected in this fight, for a VERY small chance at getting gear for your school, is frankly insulting when many of us have a limited time-frame when we can play.

Furthermore, the Aeon of Avatus's Polymorph cheat erodes the concept of player customizability entirely by forcing us to act within a VERY restrictive set of cards we have no control over. AND this fight utilizes the Ro-sham-bo mechanic of PvP, which I believe have, in the past, been specifically broadcasted as being only for PvP and Events. This commitment was broken in Raids, but doing so again with a mainline boss is even worse. PvP and PvE mechanics are meant to be separate, for the Spiral's sake!

I am very upset with the way the Aeon of Avatus has been presented to us as players, and this boss in its current form is difficult to tolerate. Something needs to change. I would start with making drops more accessible to the ordinary player, through more school-specific loot tables and/or a general increase in the rate of drops. Otherwise, the Aeon of Avatus needs to be changed so that it can be completed in far less time.

Remember, Kingsisle, that many of us are casual players. We simply do not have the time for this boss as it is right now.