Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer Night

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Hi this may be an obvious answer but I opened pack to get Deer Night , I am a death school wizard. problem that I'm having is every time i go to use the spell its greyed out i unlocked the spell and added it to my deck but no matter how many pips o have i cant cast the spell it has the "NO PVP" symbol on it but im using tryin to use it in a PVE environment any advice on what im doing wrong also it is the 3 pip version of the spell

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Demonic636 on Dec 7, 2022 wrote:
Hi this may be an obvious answer but I opened pack to get Deer Night , I am a death school wizard. problem that I'm having is every time i go to use the spell its greyed out i unlocked the spell and added it to my deck but no matter how many pips o have i cant cast the spell it has the "NO PVP" symbol on it but im using tryin to use it in a PVE environment any advice on what im doing wrong also it is the 3 pip version of the spell
Hey, so with the Novus update we also released a new feature called Archmastery! This feature allows all wizards to use school-specific pips. Since the update, the designers updated most of the lore spells to require school-specific pips along with regular pips.

Here is a picture of your Deer Knight spell which includes Archmastery.

So to cast this spell you will need (3) pips and (1) Death pip. If you aren't above level 50 you may not see Archmastry pips appearing. If you go to the jewel shop in the Shopping District, Katherine RockHammer sells a "Cracked Archmastery Jewel" which will allow you to start using school pips.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Kyle IceWielder on Dec 7, 2022 wrote:
Hey, so with the Novus update we also released a new feature called Archmastery! This feature allows all wizards to use school-specific pips. Since the update, the designers updated most of the lore spells to require school-specific pips along with regular pips.

Here is a picture of your Deer Knight spell which includes Archmastery.

So to cast this spell you will need (3) pips and (1) Death pip. If you aren't above level 50 you may not see Archmastry pips appearing. If you go to the jewel shop in the Shopping District, Katherine RockHammer sells a "Cracked Archmastery Jewel" which will allow you to start using school pips.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
I hope that a Tutorial Tip can be implemented soon. Honestly, big changes like this should have a tutorial tip planned with release instead of after the fact. Not all of us are dedicated to external channels such as forums, social media and videos.