Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Archmastery Tool Tip

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There have already been a number of people confused by the new archmastery system and generating school pips. It may be beneficial to have a tool tip as we've done with the introduction of other new systems. It is worth remembering the bulk of players do NOT watch streams and engage in Twitter discussions.

I almost wonder if Having a Tool Tip from Abner appear when you first learn a Lore spell that uses tips would be useful, or at level 50 as well.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
exp613 on Dec 1, 2022 wrote:
There have already been a number of people confused by the new archmastery system and generating school pips. It may be beneficial to have a tool tip as we've done with the introduction of other new systems. It is worth remembering the bulk of players do NOT watch streams and engage in Twitter discussions.

I almost wonder if Having a Tool Tip from Abner appear when you first learn a Lore spell that uses tips would be useful, or at level 50 as well.
Hey there, this is definitely something we have considered. We hope to have something in place for this new system as soon as we can!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Also, the placement of archmastery pips is very confusing. Normally the front end of the pip ring area is used for white pips and shadow pips and yellow pips. Shadow pips are easy to distinguish since they are dark and occupy a row above the white and yellow pips. But archmastery pips reside in the regular pip ring and all they symbol markers they put on the pips are confusing as heck. Maybe put archmastery pips at the back portion of the pip circle or as a third layer above the shadow pips? I cannot tell anymore when I can use a regular spell from my own school because of the way mastery pips layer over the white and yellow pips. It's very confusing. Maybe also make mastery pips a green color to distinguish them. The whole concept of archmastery pips is still confusing.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I like the tool tip idea, but I think it might be better put in one of Diego the Duelmaster's alerts to the player - so players can come and do an Arena duel against a puppet or something, and learn how to use them. (Diego's quest "Player Versus Player" by the way, is still broken - this might be a good time to fix it - he's still giving this quest out, and asking you to check out the "Practice", "Ranked", and "Leaderboard" Pedestals that no longer exist now that the Arena's been revamped; and once you have it in your quest log, like my Ice does, it never goes away).