Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Trade Items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
Hello,

I came across something today that caught my eye when I was dungeon farming. In particular, it was school specific mob drops that also happened to be no trade items. This is perfectly fine if each character can only get items for their own school but that was not the case actually.

I was farming Omen Stribog, and noticed that he dropped "No Trade" gear that was school specific but not always for your school. This would mean that the only way to actually make use of this gear would be to sell it, which to me sounds very counterintuitive for rewarding somebody for completing a difficult boss fight.

I guess all I am asking is if this was intentional or not?

It would make more sense to either have every piece of gear be no trade and all wearable, or full trade no auction, and school specific.

Some clarification would be great, and it could also be worth looking into for a bugfix if this is a bug.

Thanks!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I noticed they also changed Jewels people spent arena tickets on. I spent many Red Arena Tickets to get those jewels and bought most of them on my noobs to give to my main characters later and now I can't. Please put it back the way it was or refund me those tickets.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
stemogstel on Nov 23, 2022 wrote:
I noticed they also changed Jewels people spent arena tickets on. I spent many Red Arena Tickets to get those jewels and bought most of them on my noobs to give to my main characters later and now I can't. Please put it back the way it was or refund me those tickets.
Those tickets are retired.

I bought stuff in 1845 currency and with to repurchase them in in 2022 money and dogecoin.

Of course, this is hyperbole, but the idea is the same. They don't want you to use the "red" tickets any more it's an outdated system. They only added in the red ticket vendor because too many people complained. They would much rather you use the new blue system. Besides even if you are refunded the red tickets, it would be to the same character most likely so you wouldn't be able to purchase the jewels on the other characters anyway.

Sorry Stem.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
ojp20 on Nov 20, 2022 wrote:
Hello,

I came across something today that caught my eye when I was dungeon farming. In particular, it was school specific mob drops that also happened to be no trade items. This is perfectly fine if each character can only get items for their own school but that was not the case actually.

I was farming Omen Stribog, and noticed that he dropped "No Trade" gear that was school specific but not always for your school. This would mean that the only way to actually make use of this gear would be to sell it, which to me sounds very counterintuitive for rewarding somebody for completing a difficult boss fight.

It would make more sense to either have every piece of gear be no trade and all wearable, or full trade no auction, and school specific.

Some clarification would be great, and it could also be worth looking into for a bugfix if this is a bug.

Thanks!
I do agree that "No Trade" things is usually nonsense. I believe they do this if they don't want a low level character to get this gear prematurely, but there's also level locks so that only half explains it.

The other thing I know they have mentioned is that the off-school gear is to encourage you to play multiple wizards, but yeah the No-Trade doesn't make sense.

Defender
May 22, 2012
ojp20 on Nov 20, 2022 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
I also noticed this previously from farming Omen. I have school specific items not of my school that I can't trade and also can't wear. I have some very fine school specific decks, hats, robes, boots, amulets, rings that would definitely have uses on other characters.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on Nov 26, 2022 wrote:
Those tickets are retired.

I bought stuff in 1845 currency and with to repurchase them in in 2022 money and dogecoin.

Of course, this is hyperbole, but the idea is the same. They don't want you to use the "red" tickets any more it's an outdated system. They only added in the red ticket vendor because too many people complained. They would much rather you use the new blue system. Besides even if you are refunded the red tickets, it would be to the same character most likely so you wouldn't be able to purchase the jewels on the other characters anyway.

Sorry Stem.
KI warned us to spend those red arena tickets and being a good wizard, I heeded their warning and spent those tickets. Then they did not follow up on what they warned us would happen. That red ticket vendor is still here and most the items are fractions of the original cost. I wanted to get all those Trophy cases but did not have enough tickets. So, if they were to refund red tickets, I could get those other items I missed out on due to me listening to what they told us. The Trophy cases can be put in the shared bank.

Furthermore, I spent my red tickets in the most favorable way to maximize what I get. I obviously would not have gotten all those high-level jewels on my noobs if I thought they could not be share banked. But I am pretty sure they were able to go in share bank at the time. If not, it should not have allowed low-level wizards to redeem high-level items (at least not without a warning). And more furthermore, KI decided to change these jewels to not being share bankable without warning! They could at least change it back so the jewels can go into the shared bank.

And really, all those who did not get the warning to spend their red tickets benefited from waiting. They were able to get all the trophy cases and every other item at a fraction of the cost. Meanwhile, I who really wanted those items am paying the price for listening to what KI said to do. Even if the jewels could not be share banked at the time I got them (they could), then I would have spent my tickets on all my chars in a different way.

Let it be known, I am writing on about this here because I made my own Topic for it and The Powers That Be decided to not put it up on the site. They just want this to go away quietly.

As long as Brandon Mistborn NPC is in-game, KI can absolutely give back red tickets to players. And if they don't want to do that, they can fund players Blue Arena Tickets. I bought stuff in 2022 currency that were able to go into the shared bank and expect that not to change. The currency had nothing to do with the jewels going in the share bank or not.

They can either add a few (hundred) red or blue tickets to those who got messed up by listening to what they told us; or they can put the jewels back the way they were. Really, they should do both.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't think they should have changed the token system tbh.

However, back to the question of hand. I'm not sure why they won't let us trade some items. It's rather inconvienent.