Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Spellwriting really worth it?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hi. I notice how some players are mildly happy about getting spellements. I've also heard that players who earn enough are happy that they can strengthen older spells enough to bring them back into their deck. Is chasing all those spellements really worth it? I mean reaaally? I mean between quests, farming bosses for gear, farming for seeds, farming snacks, training bunches of poopy pets, farming for reagents, gambling crowns, grinding special events for rewards, and did I mention farming? Am I really going to want to farm spellements too? People say they are happy to upgrade their spells but those upgrades don't look worth it to me. Even the top tier spell upgrades wouldn't be enough to bring out my old spells because my even my newest ones are just barely strong enough. And I'm in Celestia so I don't see how my old spells are going to help me moving forward. And if I had to farm more it would slow down my story progression. And by the time I got enough spellements for my new spells they would be old. But it seems like everyone else is doing it so maybe I'm missing something. Is it better for higher level spells? Is it better for some schools more so than others? Has it been worth it for you? What are your thoughts.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you PvP, max spellements are a must, if not, whatever you get is fine.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Honestly, the process for farming spellements could have been a lot easier but in my opinion, only wizards that plan to do competitive pvp will need them. The max tier spells are also very flashy for showing off. Otherwise, it is okay not to farm them.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Oct 3, 2022 wrote:
Hi. I notice how some players are mildly happy about getting spellements. I've also heard that players who earn enough are happy that they can strengthen older spells enough to bring them back into their deck. Is chasing all those spellements really worth it? I mean reaaally? I mean between quests, farming bosses for gear, farming for seeds, farming snacks, training bunches of poopy pets, farming for reagents, gambling crowns, grinding special events for rewards, and did I mention farming? Am I really going to want to farm spellements too? People say they are happy to upgrade their spells but those upgrades don't look worth it to me. Even the top tier spell upgrades wouldn't be enough to bring out my old spells because my even my newest ones are just barely strong enough. And I'm in Celestia so I don't see how my old spells are going to help me moving forward. And if I had to farm more it would slow down my story progression. And by the time I got enough spellements for my new spells they would be old. But it seems like everyone else is doing it so maybe I'm missing something. Is it better for higher level spells? Is it better for some schools more so than others? Has it been worth it for you? What are your thoughts.
For pvp, max spellements is a must.
If not, you should be fine HOWEVER there are some unique spells you can get by obtaining enough spellements that you otherwise wont be able to get. Like my myth has the card Athena Battlesight thanks to reagent farming, note you can use shared bank to transfer spellements to other characters