Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Keys for already existing bosses.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009
Hey,
First - I think that the change to the drop rates of spellements is a wonderful change. That being said, please consider making changes to this key system. It punishes newer players for not grinding darkmoor in the past and not having a stockpile of keys. That being said, a change is required to bosses such as aethyr elemental or fellspawn if keys are going to be much harder to obtain. I’ve done ~150 runs of aethyr for the shadow elegant gear (no luck) and having these drop rates with such a lack of keys will make it almost impossible to obtain items like the life elegant boots. Please either make old key bosses with less generous drops have a separate way of entry, or alter the difficulty of obtaining keys in the new update (I do a lot of key bosses but I really don’t enjoy beast moon or deckathalon). I’m sure an overwhelming majority of people would appreciate a way to get keys from darkmoor again :)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Rofulu on Aug 17, 2022 wrote:
Hey,
First - I think that the change to the drop rates of spellements is a wonderful change. That being said, please consider making changes to this key system. It punishes newer players for not grinding darkmoor in the past and not having a stockpile of keys. That being said, a change is required to bosses such as aethyr elemental or fellspawn if keys are going to be much harder to obtain. I’ve done ~150 runs of aethyr for the shadow elegant gear (no luck) and having these drop rates with such a lack of keys will make it almost impossible to obtain items like the life elegant boots. Please either make old key bosses with less generous drops have a separate way of entry, or alter the difficulty of obtaining keys in the new update (I do a lot of key bosses but I really don’t enjoy beast moon or deckathalon). I’m sure an overwhelming majority of people would appreciate a way to get keys from darkmoor again :)
Gold keys are pretty easy to get as is imo.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Jasmine3429 on Aug 25, 2022 wrote:
Gold keys are pretty easy to get as is imo.
Removing them from bosses makes them, not as "easy" to get for people who have zero interest in the deckathlon ( which is broken anyways) and the Beast moon which is just pvp with another coat of paint. So you have 2 options for getting keys, and that removes an option PvE players enjoyed. No one should be forced to do a part of content that they do not enjoy, to be able do content they do enjoy.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
RedDragon877 on Sep 6, 2022 wrote:
Removing them from bosses makes them, not as "easy" to get for people who have zero interest in the deckathlon ( which is broken anyways) and the Beast moon which is just pvp with another coat of paint. So you have 2 options for getting keys, and that removes an option PvE players enjoyed. No one should be forced to do a part of content that they do not enjoy, to be able do content they do enjoy.
I am in agreement with this 1000%. Its really good that developers has finally implemented a spellement drop system that gives players the opportunity of getting pack spells through golden skeleton key bosses no doubt, but the old content bosses should require some form accessibility like leaving them open for wooden keys or stone keys.
I am not a big fan of beast moon or decathlon but if it has its advantages of giving these players who enjoyed these type of content so be it. The entire player base does not operate on the same level of game play and some players just prefer to do pve or pvp.