Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coming back to Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Hopefully this is in the right board, but I’ve been off the game for probably a year. I think the last time a played was when they nerfed crit rating and damage. I might be able to get some friends to play and restart myself. My question is what’s changed since then (critical, damage, quality of life, etc.).

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
antoniossss on Jul 28, 2022 wrote:
Hopefully this is in the right board, but I’ve been off the game for probably a year. I think the last time a played was when they nerfed crit rating and damage. I might be able to get some friends to play and restart myself. My question is what’s changed since then (critical, damage, quality of life, etc.).
Hey there, welcome back!

A lot has changed since then. We have a new age for PvP, introduced Cantrips, we are just ramping up Guilds and Raids to be added into Live Realm, and we are also getting things ready for something NEW!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Spellements - Drop from area bosses in Kroktopia (R1-R2) to Dragonspyre (R2-R6). But you have to not completed the main quest 1 world past the world you want to farm in. For example if my main quest is in Mooshu, I can farm Marleybone and Mooshu. If it's in Celestia, I can only farm Dargonspyre.

Loremaster - Dropped spells have changed to spellements and will be distributed around the spiral this upcoming update.

New World - A new world released in November/December with a level cap of 150 and new gear.

Gear Audit - Malistaire (DS; 50), Morganthe (99), and Lemuria (150) received a gear audit. You will retain the old gear if you already had it, but new drops will be the new gear. As well mana was given back to athames and rings.

Dual Schooling - The above mentioned gear as well as some new/updated pack gear have stats to support dual school play.

School Identity - The game is starting to move towards school identify. So far this is mainly focused in a 1v1 environment but hopefully there will be more for PvE players.

Out. Damage - The damage limit was raised allowing higher damage; the damage intersection is unchanged.

Block Rating - I believe the ratio for Critical:Block was adjusted to about a 1:1 value instead of the previous 1:3 value which allows for better balancing. As well all the good new gear have block rating except rings which have critical instead.

Healing - Healing is currently in the middle of being adjusted. Currently the inc. and out. heal stats are being untouched in recent gear. Jade gear is still around though.

Power Pips - Pip chance was placed back on athames and rings but removed from hats, robes, and boots in exchange for better stats. There are still gear with pip chance being on them.

Arena Tickets - Blue Arena Tickets have (or are) replacing the previous Red Arena Tickets. There is a deadline before the red tickets are removed from the game.

Roshambo Spells - There are new PvP-Only spells that act with the Roshambo Wheel. PvP-Only spells have "an icon with two swords crossed" on them indicating its for PvP use only. A gambit is the act of sacrificing material to gain an upper hand, so the utilities indicated will be removed.

PvP Mastery Amulets - There are level 150 (or 140?) mastery amulets that can be bought with arena tickets.

Enchants in PvP - ALL damage and mutate enchantments are banned from PvP (same PvP-Only icon but with a "red cross-out" symbol.