Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WARNING: Toxic Behavior and Player Abuse

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Our team works very hard to maintain a safe and fun environment for all Spiral players. We've had to take action against certain players in the past couple of weeks, banning some accounts and sanctioning others that were repeatedly exploiting features in the game in order to “grief” or harass other players. If you discover a way to grief or harass other players, you run the risk of your accounts being sanctioned.

A simple rule of thumb to guide your behavior is, “Don’t be a jerk.”

Toxic Behavior

Toxic behavior of any kind is unacceptable and will run the risk of your accounts being flagged for sanctioning. On occasion, players may find unexpected or unintended ways to ruin the fun for others. Through a combination of direct observation and data collection, we will build a behavior profile that we then use to establish guidelines for current and future moderation.

Engaging in "Copy-Cat Behavior" is also unacceptable. If you are not reporting a problem that you see, and you choose instead to engage in the same behavior because "they are doing it, so it's ok for me to do it", or “no one is immediately sanctioning them, so I’ll join in on the ‘fun’,” you put your account at risk of being sanctioned. You will be deliberately repeating behavior that matches our criteria.

Your Actions Are Your Responsibility

We update the game as often as we can to prevent exploits and features that can be used to harass other players, but we can only do so much. It is ultimately up to you to check your own actions first. Regardless of the game “allowing” certain actions, your account will be sanctioned if game features are knowingly being abused in order to harass or disrupt other players' enjoyment of the game.

Excuses of "I didn’t know" or “the game allows it” are not valid when we have confirmed behavior through logs and comprehensive multi-day activity reports – especially if you have been warned previously against such behavior.

Account Sanctioning

Sanctioning depends on each specific case and is completely at our discretion. We are not obligated to publicly explain the reason why any account has been sanctioned. Use common sense as your first line of defense and report in-game what you see if toxic behavior appears to be occurring by others. We will investigate and act where and when appropriate.

All concerns are carefully investigated, and no action is taken simply based on community reports. If sanctioning has occurred on your account, it's with good reason. Even so, if you feel that there was an error, we will of course be glad to consider your case.

Important Guidelines

Be sure to review the community-wide KingsIsle Code of Conduct, as well as the KingsIsle Privacy Policy and other related pages for player conduct guidelines:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

More about KingsIsle’s exploit policies and caution against receiving player gifts:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/warning-use-of-exploits-gifts-from-others-and-pre-paid-giveaways-8ad6a4267aec2443017b11f5a0f32a9e?page=1

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
How do you report bad behavior, bad language using spaces between letters, while in a Beatmoon event?

Survivor
May 09, 2020
Agreeing with Dreamweaver. It used to be possible in Beastmoon to click on a player's name in chat, or click on their image to report profanity, serious name-calling and bullying. That feature only works very sporadically now, and I think not at all if the wizard is currently fighting.

Also, you supply such a small char limit for reporting, presumably because you don't want to hear it, why not just provide a dropdown of acceptable complaints to choose from? "Language", "Bullying", "Refuses to play" etc.?

Also - if you can't you fix the bug that opens a fighting spot in Beastmoon when a player exits out of the game, then please let us report players on the other team for doing it.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2018
I have yet to run into an actual toxic player on this game in the 6 years I have been playing it.