Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost my 4th Age Derby badge

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
Not long after the Spring update went live I unequipped my 4th Age Pet Warlord badge (because KI didn't create a 5th age for Derby it simply said Pet Warlord) for a few days to wear something different. When I went to put Pet Warlord back on it was gone from the list of my badges. I still had 1st age, 2nd age, and 3rd age derby badges, but my 4th age Derby badge was just....gone. And with it, my overall badge count went down by one.

I opened a ticket with support and here was their response.

"We apologize for the frustrations! KingsIsle's developers are absolutely aware of this bug. Although we do not have an exact ETA as to the resolution we can advise that it has been brought to their attention for a fix."

Turns out this happened because I was foolish enough to do a ranked Derby race after the Sprint Update went live. So, not only did I confirm that a RANKED derby race doesn't actually give you a rank or any Arena tickets (I got 10 gold for a win), but to find this out it also cost me my badge. This was confirmed by a few other racers who lost their derby badges after doing a ranked race.

Two questions:

1. If a ranked race doesn't give you any rank, why do they still have ranked races? KI has been silent about Derby since touting how great all the PvP changes were in the Spring update (Derby is PvP and those changes were anything but great!!) and the not knowing is tourture! The least KI could do for those of us who enjoyed derby is to have the courage to be truthful.

2. When will my badge be returned? I checked the Test realm and my badge was still missing there so that doesn't bode well for sure. People who know me know that the two things I care about most in the game are Derby and Badges - how cruel that of all things they take away my DERBY BADGE!?

Unfortunately I know this isn't a priority for KI for a few reasons - first, there aren't a lot of derby folks in general (thanks KI!), and second, I bet the number of people that have gotten a ranked derby race since the spring update went live could probably be counted on one hand. But not only is that badge the one that I wear the most often, that badge represents a lot of time and effort. Between the time it takes to make a derby pet, and all the training, and then the hours and hours waiting in queue - I put sooooo much into getting that badge!

Any update you could give would be much appreciated.

Casp