Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle trolls in Zafaria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Ever since going to Zafaria I’ve had an unholy amount of people either teleporting to me (which is weird since I’m not a friendly player) or deliberately joining my battles, then leaving the moment a new enemy joins the battle.

Soooo sick of this man. And sometimes it’s the same people repeatedly. Is this a new troll or something? I haven’t been playing the game for ages and recently got back into it so what on earth have I missed out on here?

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
I haven't seen anything like that in over 10 years.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
This isn't something I've noticed either, but my recommendation is to play on a "perfect" server and not a busy one?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Nora Sandstone on May 15, 2022 wrote:
Ever since going to Zafaria I’ve had an unholy amount of people either teleporting to me (which is weird since I’m not a friendly player) or deliberately joining my battles, then leaving the moment a new enemy joins the battle.

Soooo sick of this man. And sometimes it’s the same people repeatedly. Is this a new troll or something? I haven’t been playing the game for ages and recently got back into it so what on earth have I missed out on here?
Hi Nora,

This sort of thing used to happen a lot in Wiz101's early days. Here are a few suggestions that might help you cope.

1) Sometimes, very young players port to older wizard friends in exciting higher worlds, having no idea what they're getting themselves into. They just want to see what it's like in the outer rim of the Spiral! Instead, they see the very scary mobs you're fighting and run for their lives. In other words, they might not mean to grief you.

Thinking about it that way might help you keep your blood pressure in check, especially if you see that these pesky wizards have very low health. But still, even if that's the case, it's a problem....

2) With that possibility in mind, if the 'same trolls' keep porting to you again and again, they are probably on your friends list or you're in a group with them. Take a note of their name, search your friends list and whatever groups you're in until you find them, then remove them. If it's a group, you might have to remove yourself from that group. Either way, that should stop the unwelcome porting.

3) Another option might be to turn "invisible to friends" while you're questing.

4) If these people are harassing you from the street, you may be questing in a "Crowded" or "Full" realm such as Ambrose or Bartleby. Go into your settings and find the realms option, then move yourself into one of the "Perfect" realms 2 or 3 pages in. Say, Kelvin or Orthrus, or Seraph or Vampire. Any realm that isn't on the first page should do nicely. Usually the folks you run into on those realms are more serious players not out to grief random wizards.

If you do that, be sure to select "Remember my Realm" from your settings. Also, any time you port to a friend, use the helping kiosk outside the Bazaar, or visit someone's house, you'll end up in a different realm. You'll have to manually switch back to your preferred - an annoying flaw in the remember my realm setting that I wish KI would patch.

5) If all else fails, fighting 3 instead of 2 can sometimes get you done with your quests faster. It's a little more challenging, but in the end it might actually cut down the number of mob fights you have to do, thereby saving you some time and mana.

Hope this helps!

Alia Misthaven