Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spellement Dev Diary impact

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Some comments/suggestions regarding the Dev Diary FOUND HERE:

Farming during questing is GREAT, but I promise you now, if you don't allow those of use who have completed these lower worlds a drop of spellements, you're going to have some livid players.

Putting spellements in silver chests is a great idea. It gives them another purpose. Im sure many players who dont need silver keys just mostly ignore them.

Boss Replays is a good idea, BUT, why not scale the existing bosses to the levels of the players and just keep it the same? Like, if my L130 fire goes to fight the end boss of Wizard City, it gets scaled up for my level. This should be something soloable, though Im not asking for a cake walk. It should be challenging and not just a brute force or million cheat fight.

Fishing Chests is a great addition, but we should not need to be a specific fishing level to be able to do this. You have a history of "fixing old issues" by giving us things at levels that make no sense. Being able to plant all seeds in Avalon is a primary example. many of us hit gardening level 15 MUCH earlier, but had to wait a few worlds before we could get it. If you do this again, people are going to be mad.

I would STRONGLY advise you to be transparent about what you will be doing for us wizards who have long since surpassed certain worlds. I have mentioned on test realm, and will repeat it again, we should get a spellement dump that equals the amount of spellements we would get as quest rewards or else it isnt fair to us. I know you wont do this, but I pray you make me a liar. I am simply talking an equal amount. For those who think I want something for free, i don't. I want what I would have gotten if i was questing in the lower worlds and got these as rewards. I am fine farming the rest of the stuff, but ignoring most of your players will be detrimental to your game.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Thank you for sharing that link

Quoting from the Dev Diary
Boss Rematches – Possibly the most exciting of the bunch, we have plans to introduce new combats where you can gather your friends to experience a rematch with the main villains of each world. This will be done with a special Housing item that you will be able to craft once you complete Dragonspyre. These items must be recharged after each use. Right now, we’re planning to cover each of the Arc 1 worlds featuring a Boss Rematch against the final boss from each of those worlds. There will be several versions of each new Boss Rematch depending on the player’s level, and you will always have to farm the Boss appropriate to your level to get Spellements.

This is great news. When?

How accessible will the crafting reagents needed be?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on May 9, 2022 wrote:
Thank you for sharing that link

Quoting from the Dev Diary
Boss Rematches – Possibly the most exciting of the bunch, we have plans to introduce new combats where you can gather your friends to experience a rematch with the main villains of each world. This will be done with a special Housing item that you will be able to craft once you complete Dragonspyre. These items must be recharged after each use. Right now, we’re planning to cover each of the Arc 1 worlds featuring a Boss Rematch against the final boss from each of those worlds. There will be several versions of each new Boss Rematch depending on the player’s level, and you will always have to farm the Boss appropriate to your level to get Spellements.

This is great news. When?

How accessible will the crafting reagents needed be?
also, will they drop spellements?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
dayerider on May 9, 2022 wrote:
also, will they drop spellements?
And can we have an option to fight all of the Arc 1 bosses for special drops, all at the same time (a la the final battle in Lemuria style)?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Halimeda on May 11, 2022 wrote:
And can we have an option to fight all of the Arc 1 bosses for special drops, all at the same time (a la the final battle in Lemuria style)?
So, I havent gotten to the end of Lemuria yet, but I'll say this about your idea:

1) only if no new cheats or mechanics are added
2) hopefully they'll drop a corresponding amount of spellements based off of difficulty