Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks house help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2015
I HAVE DONE WATERWORKS/HOUSE OF SCALES FOR 15 HOURS STRAIGHT WITH NO HAT DROP. AM I LITERALLY JUST THE UNLUCKIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET OR IS MY GAME BUGGIN OUT. SOMEONE HELP ME ESCAPE PLEASE!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
What's your school? Cuz, for example, the Death WW hats drop from Luska Charmbeak and not the final boss.

Also House of Scales drop rate is.... unique. Took me around 30 runs to get the robe.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
As much fun as these dungeons are, I recommend you check out the crafted gear that can be found in Wintertusk.

This gear is level 54-58 I believe. And for most schools is better than Water works.

This gear gives item cards unlike most dungeon gear.

The crafted gear is rather easy to make if you have crafted through to celestia I believe.

The next block of good gear is usually the lvl 70 dungeon of Atlantea or the Archmage Duels Which can drop from bosses or be bought in the crowns shop.

Beyond level 70, I recommend using crafted gear until level 90 when you can then get the gear from Tartarus in Aquila.

Of course once you hit 100 the best gear for most is from the Darkmoor dungeon or the Exalted Duels, which are also dropped by bosses or in the crowns shop!

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
waterworks isn;t worth it lol skipped it and i lived so

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
76123cool5fff on Apr 30, 2022 wrote:
I HAVE DONE WATERWORKS/HOUSE OF SCALES FOR 15 HOURS STRAIGHT WITH NO HAT DROP. AM I LITERALLY JUST THE UNLUCKIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET OR IS MY GAME BUGGIN OUT. SOMEONE HELP ME ESCAPE PLEASE!
I only did the House of Scales once recently but my Death had such poor luck trying to get the Waterworks hat. As Luis above mentioned I almost went with the Wintertusk crafted hat which is a very good alternative.