Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5th age update UPSET female commander robe/coat of invincibility

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
I have seen many people talk about this and have been ignored. The new 5th age spring update has completely gotten rid of the coat of invincibility despite the community's concerns. The commander robe should be made available for cosmetic purposes even if it is not for pvp even though this was the only reason some girls decided to play pvp. There is a bundle that has a lookalike for males but not female characters. I suggest that there is a fair way to get this robe whether it is through the crowns shop, bundles, packs, fishing, pvp vendor or the bazaar. This was the only really good looking gear for female players. I have wanted this robe when I started playing 10 years ago and now there is no real incentive. If outside of the game trading or buying is not allowed then there should be a way to obtain this robe inside the game. If there are plans to bring this robe back through the crowns shop or any other way I would like it to be announced soon before I stop playing. Thank you please respond.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I was a little annoyed that all the stats were also wiped out when I did a ton of tourneys on my level 30 ice to get 2 sets of the commander gear and the glendemming set for when i got to level 50, now all of which is useless. Feeling really screwed over by KI for all the time i put into pvp to get that gear

Survivor
Dec 26, 2018
Maricewiz on Apr 28, 2022 wrote:
I have seen many people talk about this and have been ignored. The new 5th age spring update has completely gotten rid of the coat of invincibility despite the community's concerns. The commander robe should be made available for cosmetic purposes even if it is not for pvp even though this was the only reason some girls decided to play pvp. There is a bundle that has a lookalike for males but not female characters. I suggest that there is a fair way to get this robe whether it is through the crowns shop, bundles, packs, fishing, pvp vendor or the bazaar. This was the only really good looking gear for female players. I have wanted this robe when I started playing 10 years ago and now there is no real incentive. If outside of the game trading or buying is not allowed then there should be a way to obtain this robe inside the game. If there are plans to bring this robe back through the crowns shop or any other way I would like it to be announced soon before I stop playing. Thank you please respond.
I 100% agree. I was working on a pvp char for that robe and then 5th age just comes out so I missed the opportunity to make it to full commander. I was a vet. This makes me very upset as well. I hope they decide to bring it back as a cosmetic robe soon.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Maricewiz on Apr 28, 2022 wrote:
I feel the same as you! they should not have taken it out of the game!

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I was watching Arena Tickets very closely because I was earning the Seafarer's gear to help my wizards with gardening and pet training energy. By the time I would have completed the current board on one of my wizards, I would have had enough to redeem a piece of gear for 200 Arena Tickets. The current board has changed to eliminate that possibility. It's just not in my budget to spend a boatload of cash n crowns to gamble on packs. It appears that we can no longer earn Arena Tickets through daily assignments. It appears that we are being herded toward parts of the game that we have no interest in unless we are willing to pay for crowns and the chance of maybe getting a piece of energy gear from a pack. It appears that there is a recent pattern of removing anything that doesn't cause net gains for the developers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if the developers and moderators allowed you to see this.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
With all due respect, the arena tickets given through the daily assignment rewards were minimal to none at most. If you're really in need of energy gear, then I suggest farming for them from the numerous bosses/dungeons in-game that drop even better energy gear than what was offered for tickets. If the farming location happens to be a gauntlet, there are plenty of ways to get access to said gauntlet by befriending and reaching out to other players either in-game or through discord servers. In my opinion, Arena Tickets should be earned through activities within the Arena. Fan sites such as Wizard101Central with its Wiki are perfect resources to obtain better energy gear without participating in PvP or buying packs.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I am very disappointed that we can no longer earn arena tickets from Daily Assignments. There are stuff that I would like to get that you can only buy with tickets but I will not do PVP because that is something I am not into and never will be.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. It's just that I have no interest in playing most of the game anymore. It looks like Yahoo has somehow influenced the direction in which it's headed. I only garden and pet train at present because it's not fun to quest anymore. As for making friends, I don't impose on others to include me in their limited list of friends because my schedule is such that there are very few people playing in the kind of realms that I prefer. I'm older than most of the players and don't feel up to grinding away with a bunch of motivated young players. When I find some people in their golden years to team up with in the wee hours of the morning, I'll get back to playing. In the mean time Arena tickets are going to harder for me to get for lack of interest in PvP or Derby. If I wanted another job, I'd fill out applications for employment. Arena Tickets are worth a little bit of my time. It's not the money that the packs cost that keeps me from going after energy gear the way some people do. It's the gambling. My wife and I are apart because she gambled away thousands of my hard earned dollars. I won't gamble to get the best energy gear available in a game when there are so many other things I can do with hundreds of dollars. If there were a fair price to pay for various levels of gear such as the Splendid set, which I've bought for 2 of my accounts, then I'd be all over them but this is not the case. So back to Daily Assignments. Given the lack of available competition in those dreaded PvP and Derby during my play time and lack of players worth sharing my time with, Daily Assignments were my only logical solution to the need of a few extra energy for my utility wizards, (those whose purpose is to generate snacks, pets and gold), without unpleasant or unsatisfying questing to get to the appropriate level for Splendid gear.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Alex Darkhammer on May 2, 2022 wrote:
With all due respect, the arena tickets given through the daily assignment rewards were minimal to none at most. If you're really in need of energy gear, then I suggest farming for them from the numerous bosses/dungeons in-game that drop even better energy gear than what was offered for tickets. If the farming location happens to be a gauntlet, there are plenty of ways to get access to said gauntlet by befriending and reaching out to other players either in-game or through discord servers. In my opinion, Arena Tickets should be earned through activities within the Arena. Fan sites such as Wizard101Central with its Wiki are perfect resources to obtain better energy gear without participating in PvP or buying packs.
Be that as it may.

I effectively did equip three of my wizards with the seafarers gear from Arena tickets earned solely through daily Gravulum. I do not PvP. It did take me a while, but I was able to do so.

That being said I feel the pain of those who lost the Arena tickets they had and no longer can earn.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck, according to posts made here, www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/spring-update-2022-finding-everything-thats-still-wrong-8ad6a426806f3b6a018070546f153e71?page=1

Participation Trophies are no longer needed for Revered crafting. According to the Wiki, they never had any other use. Many of us have lots of Participation Trophies and they have no use! There is no value to this reagent. Yet, it is still a locked reward from the current Spring Scroll of Fortune. And it is twice being rewarded from PvP Battle Pass - one is as a locked reward.
A lesser issue with this is, the unlocked Battle Pass PT reward has a reagent image, while the locked one shows it as a housing item.

Please answer these valid questions:

What is the use of Participation Trophies? Will we ever be able to spend the ones we already have? Why are they continuously being added as rewards if they have no use?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2014
I've been wanting this cosmetic in the game for literally ever and now all of the sudden, it's gone? I agree with everyone here that it should become an item that everyone can get, whether it be crowns, bundles or something really.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
bro PLEASE give us back the coat of invincibility