Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar botting and a possible solution

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Hello fellow Wizards!

So by now most of you know what bazaar botting is. For those of you don't, its a blacklisted modification that allows users to continuously refresh the bazaar and snipe for desired items. These items can range from rare housing items to reagents. Currently this issue is getting very out of hand. It is almost impossible to sell Scroll of fortune paintings for empowers without the painting getting sniped. Its to the point where the bazaar is a very unreliable place to sell items to your friends or other players.

However, this issue can be solved pretty easily. I suggest that a new trading system be implemented where players can trade treasure cards for reagents and housing items. I believe that players will be EXCSTATIC at a new update like this because most players are afraid of trading for housing items due to the fear of being sniped. I for one am very tired of having my housing items sniped from baz, and I don't want these botters getting my items for free. If the botting itself cannot be stopped, I think this would be a good alternative.

Now, why is this a good addition on a business side of Wiz? Well, firstly it would get people more excited about housing items in general, thus making people farm bosses for rare/cool housing items to trade, ultimately leading to players spending more time on the game. It also gives players the opportunity to help out their friends by trading reagents to each other.

Let me know what you guys think as I believe this is a great addition to a already awesome game!

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I rely on the bazaar for many of my decorating and other needs. I'm always grateful to whoever sold what I need for my projects rather than feeding it to their pet (cry) or hoarding it and trying to extort some desperate decorator for it. I would not be "ecstatic" over your idea at all. Your idea would only encourage "botting", and would essentially replace the bazaar with an offline cash for wiz items private trading system. But I think you already know that.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
pretty much what Sword tree said. I do think there should be an automatic form of adding certain items to the game. Although I am not sure if that would upset game balance.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
anurag24 on Apr 18, 2022 wrote:
Hello fellow Wizards!

So by now most of you know what bazaar botting is. For those of you don't, its a blacklisted modification that allows users to continuously refresh the bazaar and snipe for desired items. These items can range from rare housing items to reagents. Currently this issue is getting very out of hand. It is almost impossible to sell Scroll of fortune paintings for empowers without the painting getting sniped. Its to the point where the bazaar is a very unreliable place to sell items to your friends or other players.

However, this issue can be solved pretty easily. I suggest that a new trading system be implemented where players can trade treasure cards for reagents and housing items. I believe that players will be EXCSTATIC at a new update like this because most players are afraid of trading for housing items due to the fear of being sniped. I for one am very tired of having my housing items sniped from baz, and I don't want these botters getting my items for free. If the botting itself cannot be stopped, I think this would be a good alternative.

Now, why is this a good addition on a business side of Wiz? Well, firstly it would get people more excited about housing items in general, thus making people farm bosses for rare/cool housing items to trade, ultimately leading to players spending more time on the game. It also gives players the opportunity to help out their friends by trading reagents to each other.

Let me know what you guys think as I believe this is a great addition to a already awesome game!
This is a fantastic idea. in fact, it should be implemented even if the botting problem gets fixed because it's just a nice qol thing in general