Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Retiring of 4th Age arena tickets - redeem them now!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
PvP players! We will be retiring 4th Age arena tickets when 5th Age goes live. At that time, you will no longer be able to use 4th Age tickets. Redeem them now!

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
That is fine for PVP, but what about us PVE players that use them for buying defense jewels and other things? I would also like to know if we are going to be compensated for our loss in this decision.

Lastly, many of us at W101 Central are all asking the same question:

"Why? What is the reasoning for this decision that affects more than PVP players, but has a big impact on the PVE players? Have we been wasting all our time doing the Daily Quests?"

This just not make any sense. Help us to understand why so we can at least have some understanding and "respect" for the decision.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
vanshipley on Apr 14, 2022 wrote:
That is fine for PVP, but what about us PVE players that use them for buying defense jewels and other things? I would also like to know if we are going to be compensated for our loss in this decision.

Lastly, many of us at W101 Central are all asking the same question:

"Why? What is the reasoning for this decision that affects more than PVP players, but has a big impact on the PVE players? Have we been wasting all our time doing the Daily Quests?"

This just not make any sense. Help us to understand why so we can at least have some understanding and "respect" for the decision.
Buy the stuff you want now. It's that simple. You lose no value by purchasing the items (you get your jewels that you've been collecting).

They are telling everyone now. The currency is being devalued you need to switch currency to stay active in the market. Blue Arena Tickets will exist and many of the items will still be obtainable through the new system as well. (The prices are better too from what I've seen.)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
exp613 on Apr 14, 2022 wrote:
Buy the stuff you want now. It's that simple. You lose no value by purchasing the items (you get your jewels that you've been collecting).

They are telling everyone now. The currency is being devalued you need to switch currency to stay active in the market. Blue Arena Tickets will exist and many of the items will still be obtainable through the new system as well. (The prices are better too from what I've seen.)
You are missing the point. Simply said, why does PVE have to be affected to make PVP happy? Again, I ask "why"? They have not even had the decency to give an official explanation for this "decision".

I would even suggest simply leaving the red tickets alone for PVE to continue to use and crate the blue ones on a separate basis for PVP only.

As far as being "that simple" we are being forced to use the tickets we saved for a specific purpose for lesser things we do not want. Furthermore, after buying a bunch of junk we don't really want, there will always be some left over that are not enough to buy anything at all.

Simply put, they should at the bare minimum compensate those who have red tickets that will "disappear"..this is very close to a form of "cyber theft". People have worked hard for those tickets, and not just in PVP, and those people deserve better respect for those efforts..."It's that simple".

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
!. QUESTION ! Just when might I expect to see all my hard worked for Arena Tickets to just disappear?
I know when the 5th age PVP goes live, but just when will that be ? in a few days? a week? some unknown time in the future?

I too was shocked and concerned to find out the arena tickets I have struggled to obtain are about to be just tossed away. I'm not going to waste the reader's time going into all the "work around" possibilities that could satisfy the developers, and both type of players - PVP vs PVE. But know this, it is just one more action that creates a division between the two groups of players. And lately it appears the developers are taking the PVP side - changing spells that are greatly needed in PVE, but have become an "unfair advantage" in PVP and now just removing the arena tickets the PVE players have work months or years to accumulate.
I started playing Wizards101 Before PVP even existed. Now it seems PVE is the black sheep of the family that just pays the bills.
I do not do PVP. It is not easy for a PVE player to accumulate arena tickets. Yes I know - do the daily quests - which is what I have been doing. There are a variety of craft quests and other items/gear in PVE that require arena tickets.
I resent the dynamics of the game's attempt to force me to enter into a somewhat human generated hostile atmosphere (PVP) just to obtain an item required to advance in PVE.

Please those in the decision making process reconsider the global impact to all players before taking such action to just toss the arena tickets away. Why can't there be a conversion equivalent to the new tickets?

Rowan Story Dreamer

Defender
May 27, 2013
This is really not nice. Actually, it's rude.

Why was this announcement not made on the login page of the game?
Why is there no firm date given?
Why are you robbing people out of the value of their Gravulum work?

This is large enough news that one shouldn't have to check the forums for it.
I have a character only 5 tickets away from a desired item. Do I have time gain them or not?

A number of Non-PVP players are getting messed over by this move. The very moment tickets were included in the Gravulum rewards, it was no longer just a PVP thing. I have been saving up for a ticket mount - and I guess I will never get it now. This is very, very frustrating.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I tried to spend tickets today, and realized that I don't know how to spend them when I have no idea what is going on. Please see https://www.wizard101.com/forum/test-realm-updates-discussion/total-ticket-confusion-8ad6a4267fd9e297018039aca12a2753?page=1. This update is changing a lot about tickets and what we can and cannot buy with them in 5th age. If this is described in any detail in some update info that I've missed, can you post a link here so players can make informed purchases with the tickets they must spend fast? And if there is no such update summary, can we get clear information about the plans for these items? Thanks.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
I think is it very safe to say, based on the comments here and the numerous ones at Central, that little or no regards/concerns of the PvE players was even considered.

I would like to point out/remind the developers that PvE came long before PvP existed. Without the huge success of the W101 PvE players in the very beginning of the games history, this game would not exist at all; and as such they deserve better treatment, consideration and respect than what has been demonstrated by this one singular decision...let alone the many others that have been made recently.

I strongly suggest that the "powers that be" step back from this cliff they are on and reconsider how they are handling this matter and find a solution that does not hurt the PvE players, the real money makers for KI.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Will there be any way to obtain Blue Arena Tickets without doing PVP or Pet Derby. I do not like to do either. I feel like PVE players are no longer wanted.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2021
Since the only reason I've ever done PvP is in tournaments (in order to get tickets to by opals and fishing gear), and since we don't get to keep the rewards of our effort in an area of the game that I personally detest, I won't be doing PvP again.

So thanks for making PvP even less appealing than it already was. Great job!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
I have played a long time and just started doing PVP on my littlest wizard to get the resist gems we SO NEED as this game is getting totally nerfed on some of the bosses. She actually won her first tournament and had a nice pad of arena tickets for her next level jump - she is Storm and SO NEEDS all-around resist gems!

This came as a total shock and bad on KI for as others said, not announcing it AT ALL other than "it's a new Age" and for those of use who are PVE we have no clue what an "Age" is nor do most of us care. Since the acquisition, me and friends I've played with a long time have seen glitches, bugs, hard Lemuria bosses "looping" on cheats, just things are not as smooth or balanced as they were before, and PVP has been a nightmare for my PVE wiz who mostly cannot even GET a slot and don't have the stats and gear for PVP that the other ones she is up against have.

KI or whoever owns them needs to be more transparent and it is so not fair if you finally amassed a good amount of the "old" arena tickets you can't still use them until they are gone, rather than all of a sudden not even having them show on your Character stats.

This game is getting really rigged and not in members' favor, many of us are feeling. And this is at a time in the world where the diversion and time with friends online is very much needed!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2019
I went to buy a jewel today and found this out the hard way. :( Wouldn't it be fair if there was a way to exchange your old tickets for new ones? Isn't that a reasonable solution? I don't PvP either, and I have been saving my tickets as well. Upgrades are welcome in all areas, and are expected. However, it should be well posted in a timely manner when something like this is going to happen. It's totally understandable why some people feel ripped off. They earned those tickets. Suddenly taking them is, as someone else put it, "rude". I have faith in you devs, though. I really think you can fix this somehow to be fair to all.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
I have been reading and participating in this message board as well as several message threads at W101 Central.

The comments have been in the hundreds, even thousands when you consider all the related threads (on both sites) about not only this "new 5 age" and all the wonderful things that came with it. It's not just the tickets, it is also the "elimination" of the badges and rewards of the most recent Pet Derby (Which has been repeatedly overlooked along with the needs to update the Gardening features), the overt need to try to add onto Beastmoon without giving/making any attempt to fix the long standing mess with the Mayhem Badges and the list goes on and on and on going back to bugs that are years old. The Devs seem to think it is OK to provide constant attention and updates to PvP at the expense of the PvE community. PvE came long before PvP, in fact without PvE there would not even be a W101 in the first place.

Having pointed all this out once again, I must confess what really scares me is the very lack of any response from KI about our concerns. Does KI even care? I used to think so, but sadly I am really not so sure that they do...in fact I really don't think they do anymore.

I have been playing since the game came out of Beta, and in the last few years the very attitude of KI and the Devs has deteriorated, and now in the last year it has grown so shockingly bad that it can no longer be dismissed with the old "they will fix it one day". A friend in the game made the following comment about the current KI; "May the farce be with you" (A very pertinent joke from the movie Space Balls spoofing Star Wars).

Yeah, I love the game...but even love has its limits.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
vanshipley on May 1, 2022 wrote:
I have been reading and participating in this message board as well as several message threads at W101 Central.

The comments have been in the hundreds, even thousands when you consider all the related threads (on both sites) about not only this "new 5 age" and all the wonderful things that came with it. It's not just the tickets, it is also the "elimination" of the badges and rewards of the most recent Pet Derby (Which has been repeatedly overlooked along with the needs to update the Gardening features), the overt need to try to add onto Beastmoon without giving/making any attempt to fix the long standing mess with the Mayhem Badges and the list goes on and on and on going back to bugs that are years old. The Devs seem to think it is OK to provide constant attention and updates to PvP at the expense of the PvE community. PvE came long before PvP, in fact without PvE there would not even be a W101 in the first place.

Having pointed all this out once again, I must confess what really scares me is the very lack of any response from KI about our concerns. Does KI even care? I used to think so, but sadly I am really not so sure that they do...in fact I really don't think they do anymore.

I have been playing since the game came out of Beta, and in the last few years the very attitude of KI and the Devs has deteriorated, and now in the last year it has grown so shockingly bad that it can no longer be dismissed with the old "they will fix it one day". A friend in the game made the following comment about the current KI; "May the farce be with you" (A very pertinent joke from the movie Space Balls spoofing Star Wars).

Yeah, I love the game...but even love has its limits.
The reason for the new Blue Arena Tickets was so that there could be a fresh start for all of PVP awards etc. (You wouldn't have the PVP folks with thousands of red tickets be able to buy the best gear immediately, everyone would have to work for it.)

Should they have had a warning in game? Yes, 1000%. Communication is key.

Now, something you keep saying: PvE came long before PvP, in fact without PvE there would not even be a W101 in the first place, that is a bit of a mistatement.

It is not really true.

I would say that PVP was always intended to be part of the game. If you look at the update notes it was in fact the 4th Update to the game. It was released at the same time as Training Point Buyback, the Quest Helper Arrow, and the level 48 Spells (Orthus, Frost Giant, Storm Lord, etc.) and pets, which also are all pretty core mechanics to Wizard101. Wizard101 came out in September 2008 and this feature was released in April 2009 so within the first seven months. Currently it's May 2022 so the first 4.3% of the game didn't have PVP. That means it's been a part of the game for 13 years or 95.7% of the game.

Diego is also a member of the Council of Light which is an old old group of Merle's Allies. So to say "in fact without PVE there wouldn't even be a Wizard101 in the first place" is a little bit of a misnomer. PVP has been fairly integral to part of the Wizard101 community for quite a while. (In fact, most Wizard101 YouTubers that are popular right now, tend to have a PVP focus.)

As far as the rest of your post, I do agree in the sentiment. They should have put a notice in the game as far as tickets expiring and should not rely on only Social Media. It's not fair, and after all, if their target audience is indeed children, they are not even supposed to be on Twitter in the first place.

Communication to the players will go a long way. Waiting until KI live or "some future date" is not likely to be a sufficient answer to a lot of people.

So my condolences to the people that lost tickets. The change is so that it is a fresh start to PVP all around and while you are using those PVP tickets for other systems (gear, jewels, participation trophies etc.) this basically reset EVERYONE, in terms of accumulating the new PVP gear and stuff. So now may be a good time to try and get involved in PVP for the non-PVPers. That also being said, even if you LOSE every ranked PVP match you come across you will still be able to earn the new tickets.

Not the answer I'm sure you want to hear, but it may be worth a shot.

That also being said, let it be known I'm not sure if I'll follow my own advice, because I also have had negative experiences with PVP (even on Test Realm with this new version) so I am apprehensive to play. My biggest thing is the ranking system. I don't want to see how many times I have lost or to be worse off in rank than if I'd never played at all. It doesn't feel fun that way. Then you combine it with the stonewallers or the meanies and it makes for not a fun time regardless of the rewards.

PVP is/does affect PVE even though Ratbeard claims this is not the case. It is. Especially to a lot of players. For a lot of people their perception is reality. If KI really wants to separate this out, then they need to change the way it is presented. Which may or may not really be of importance to them at the moment.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2016
I stopped questing and doing battles after the whole stat revision (power, crit, resist). I used to love building gear with the highest damage possible but that all changed. That left me with fishing for the competition and arena ticket rewards. When I logged in this morning to see how many arena tickets I got for my medals, I was shocked to see I only got gold. And that's when I saw I had zero arena tickets and read up on what was happening. So they removed arena ticket rewards from the fishing tourney and daily assignments which tells me it's only PVP now if you want to earn them. Just as they drove me away from questing and battles with the stat revision, this will now drive me away from the fishing tourneys and essentially the game all together. I have no idea why they didn't give us an obvious heads up in the login screen that the current arena tickets were going away. That should be the main spot so that we can be notified when we go to log on. So all tickets are gone, can't get them anymore in the only part of the game I play (fishing tourney), I know they won't care about one person leaving but had to vent. Now I have to go find out how to turn my auto-renew off so my membership actually ends in a few months.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
How do we even GET Blue Arena Tickets? Cannot find info anywhere, in the game and online! My baby storm wiz just did a Tourney hoping to get blue tix dropped for the resist gems she so needs...and was shocked when she got...NOTHING!

Survivor
Oct 01, 2012
I was also upset to see my ticket balance as zero. But when I went to the vendor at the arena, my ticket balance was there. I was also able to buy that aquarium which I had been saving forever for and it was way cheaper, I could afford a few. Thanks for that!

I am also curious since tickets are no longer awarded via daily quests, how does one earn them. Like many I do not PVP nor derby.

Please advise.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
A simple question. Searched the entire web and W101 site.

KI please provide a simple answer.

How do we get blue arena tickets?

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
I just realized my tickets were "gone" yesterday, first I'd heard of them being replaced was finding this thread. But like doveyy noticed that Brandon Mistborn, now found in the arena area, still seems to honor them. Is this the only vendor that still accepts the old ones?

I'd also like to know if the blue tickets will be PvP awards only, as the daily rewards have changed and no longer include tickets.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2021
Hi guys,

I wish I had more commander robes before it was gone, lol I wasn't thinking.

I have one which is ok, but I wish they could bring it back!

Amber Rose 150
Jessica Cloud 63
Alura Heart 32
Nicole Night 17