Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlocked Pet Talents question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
Greetings,

I have several pets that have a locked talent such as Vampire Trained, Frozen Kraken, or Wildfire Trained.
It was my understanding that when you unlocked the talent on one that it unlocked it on all pets.
So I trained a Drowned Grimhorn and a Charred Grimhorn. Both pets manifested Wildfire Trained as a locked talent. I used the required reagents and tokens to unlock the talent on the Drowned Grimhorn with the understanding that it would be unlocked on all my pets with that talent, yet when I looked on the Charred Grimhorn the Wildfire Trained talent was still locked. Does this mean I have to unlock the same talent on each and every one of these pets? That would require hundreds or maybe even thousands of Talent tokens for as many pets as I have with locked talents.

gyazo.com/4275237fcbb99818263863622a8e0b43 Image of both pets showing the locked and unlocked talents.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Boris Stormbringer on Jan 24, 2022 wrote:
Greetings,

I have several pets that have a locked talent such as Vampire Trained, Frozen Kraken, or Wildfire Trained.
It was my understanding that when you unlocked the talent on one that it unlocked it on all pets.
So I trained a Drowned Grimhorn and a Charred Grimhorn. Both pets manifested Wildfire Trained as a locked talent. I used the required reagents and tokens to unlock the talent on the Drowned Grimhorn with the understanding that it would be unlocked on all my pets with that talent, yet when I looked on the Charred Grimhorn the Wildfire Trained talent was still locked. Does this mean I have to unlock the same talent on each and every one of these pets? That would require hundreds or maybe even thousands of Talent tokens for as many pets as I have with locked talents.

gyazo.com/4275237fcbb99818263863622a8e0b43 Image of both pets showing the locked and unlocked talents.
Yes, it only unlocks it on that specific pet. So do not unlock it unless that is the pet that you plan to use.