Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Does Main Wizard Mean to You?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I was thinking about how everyone throws around the term "main wizard". If you think about it though, the meaning of this term is somewhat ambiguous and I imagine it means different things to different people. I consider my Storm wizard Christo to be my main wizard because he's my only max level, he has the most resources, and I prioritize him over my other wizards in questing (so for example I stopped questing on my other wizards when Lemuria came out to quest on Christo). But I realized that when some of my other wizards become max level, it wouldn't be as clear anymore who my main wizard is. So I'm wondering, how do you guys define "main wizard"? And to people with multiple max levels, how do you distinguish your main wizard from your other max level wizards?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, there's a lot of ways of looking at this:

1) which one do you have the most success with
2) which one does the most damage
3) which one does the most healing
4) do you solo or do you party
5) are you mostly PvE or PvP
6) which one yields you the best drop rates (even thought they're random)
7) which one is the best for AoEs
8) which one do you quest on first when new worlds come out (yes, I'm restating your comment because it's valid)
9) which one has the best block
10) which one does your crafting for other wizards (again, this repeats some of what you're saying)

To me, I would say my fire or life, as they tend to be the ones who clear new worlds first and my fire also does crafting for all the others when needed

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I really only play with my main Wizard, Brian WaterSpear (). I have an older, Ice school Wizard that I stopped playing a long time ago in favor of my current Wizard. Brian Waterspear is also my main Wizard in that he has all my collections of items, including some exclusive or retired items and my vast collection of Monstrology House Guests.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Fable Finder on Jan 10, 2022 wrote:
I was thinking about how everyone throws around the term "main wizard". If you think about it though, the meaning of this term is somewhat ambiguous and I imagine it means different things to different people. I consider my Storm wizard Christo to be my main wizard because he's my only max level, he has the most resources, and I prioritize him over my other wizards in questing (so for example I stopped questing on my other wizards when Lemuria came out to quest on Christo). But I realized that when some of my other wizards become max level, it wouldn't be as clear anymore who my main wizard is. So I'm wondering, how do you guys define "main wizard"? And to people with multiple max levels, how do you distinguish your main wizard from your other max level wizards?
When I refer to my main wizard, I am speaking of my First wizard (Life 127) on my first account. Sometimes I may refer to my second wizard (balance 127) as my main wizard, as they were the only ones I played for a long time.

Most of the other wizards I play with will request one or the other to assist with a quest. I usually team up with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to help them through an area. Lately I haven’t played on my main account.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I sort of have 2. My first wizard was an Ice so he was sort of my main wizard however. I fell in love with my Balance Wizard and so really he's my "main wizard" the one that I use most often the one that has the most spells and stuff. I think I hold on to my Ice wizard just because he was my first. I used to do the Scroll of Fortune on my Balance, Ice and Life Wizard (he's a baby, but by design). But now I'm just doing it only one one wizard (Winter on Ice) I did the last Fall one on my Death because I wanted to teleport effect on her. Suffice it to say, to be considered my "main" I use two criteria: level and playtime. So even though I love playing on my Death Wizard (she has some really cool spells) and my Fire wizard technically has a decently high level. I consider my Balance my main because they match both criteria the most effectively (and I just drag my Ice along haha).

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
For 12 years, my "main" wizard was my Ice. He was the first I made, and as new things were added to the game (housing, mounts, mastery amulets, or new dungeons like Waterworks, Tartarus, etc.) my ice was the one who I used first, who I farmed for gear for first, etc.

Of course, KI ~still~ doesn't allow name changes, so I had to delete him because it felt awful to see my old name at the top of my screen every time I opened the game. Now I don't have a main wizard, since I'm still honestly feeling sad about losing a character I had worked so much on, but to me ice will always be my main.

It's also, notably, the character with the school I was given when I took the test. So I always felt a special affinity for it.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
I'd say your "main wizard" is the wizard you like playing and really enjoy. You don't have to be 100% efficient at the school, but there should be some synergy with the school.

When it comes to games or MMOs specifically I like soloing, manipulation, minions, healing, supporting (buffs/debuffs), counterattacks/parrying, swords & daggers, dual wielding, magic, magic swordsmanship, piercing/weakening defences, and necromancy.

Most of these fell into the Death school and its spells, which is why I love it the most. If there was a school that specialized in counter spells, then maybe it would be my main.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I like your question! Like you, I've only had 1 character reach max level (which has fallen behind since I haven't had a chance to do Lemuria yet). I feel like that character will always remain my 'main wizard'. It's something that's been etched in me that Cheyenne (my storm) is my main character. She has been above all of my characters and my sibling's now for 9-10 years. At one point, she was below my ice character at the very beginning, but she quickly rose. Those memories of being in Celestia, Avalon, Mooshu questing with her and just grinding it out solo (admittedly because my gear was bad lol) will always live on and solidify her in my mind.