Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vault of Ice Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2015
So there's been a couple times where I've done the vault of ice quest and at the very end it tells me to talk to shalek the wise. One of my teammates usually beats me to it to talking to him because I always team up for it. But when I leave the dungeon it's telling me I still need to talk to shalek the wise in the vault of ice, so I basically need to restart the dungeon over again to finish the quest. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the game or if I actually need to talk to him myself. If anyone can tell me how to by pass this it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
dizzydesert402 on Nov 26, 2021 wrote:
So there's been a couple times where I've done the vault of ice quest and at the very end it tells me to talk to shalek the wise. One of my teammates usually beats me to it to talking to him because I always team up for it. But when I leave the dungeon it's telling me I still need to talk to shalek the wise in the vault of ice, so I basically need to restart the dungeon over again to finish the quest. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the game or if I actually need to talk to him myself. If anyone can tell me how to by pass this it would be much appreciated, thanks!
this sort of thing happens in other dungeons too - and it also affects some of the books in the wizard city book quest.

The dungeon of in the Palace of Fire has the same issue - one person can use the staff to reveal where the order of the fang is and anyone else that needs to do that to satisfy the quest is forced to start the dungeon over.

Usually the best work around is to just solo the dungeon so no one can beat you to turning in the quest.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
The same just happened to me in Vault of Ice, almost finished with it. Then I had to speak with Shalek the Wise, but my quest arrow had me go all the way back to the start. When i got there, he wasn't there. So did the last fight, which the group had already almost finished, and did not receive the credit for completion.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2015
LaraynaA on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
The same just happened to me in Vault of Ice, almost finished with it. Then I had to speak with Shalek the Wise, but my quest arrow had me go all the way back to the start. When i got there, he wasn't there. So did the last fight, which the group had already almost finished, and did not receive the credit for completion.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's had this issue. I feel like it's a glitch in the game when you have to talk to Shalek the Wise at the end of the dungeon. As for the final battle it's super annoying when that happens and the group you are teaming up with doesn't wait for you.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2015
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 1, 2021 wrote:
this sort of thing happens in other dungeons too - and it also affects some of the books in the wizard city book quest.

The dungeon of in the Palace of Fire has the same issue - one person can use the staff to reveal where the order of the fang is and anyone else that needs to do that to satisfy the quest is forced to start the dungeon over.

Usually the best work around is to just solo the dungeon so no one can beat you to turning in the quest.
I remember having that issue with one of my wizards for the Throne room of Fire dungeon, so maybe it's just a bug in krokotopia? I'm just glad I'm not the only one having an issue with this.