Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire First Fight Bug?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
This was one of the rare times I was actually in a group with someone (I usually solo), and we were doing the Malistaire dungeon at the end of Dragonspyre together - I was on my Ice, and the other guy was a Myth. I'd just listened to the dialogue before the battle with Malistaire, and then all of a sudden, I got a thing on the screen that said "Waiting for Other Players", and it gave me a 4 minute and 30 second timer. Right on the screen, in huge writing. I've never seen this before in the middle of a dungeon. It looked almost like a team-up timer but we were in the middle of the dungeon, we weren't at the entrance or on the outside of it (we were inside of it). It passed maybe 2 minutes worth of time, during which neither I nor the person my group could move - like, we couldn't move our characters at all but I could move around in a circle, I just couldn't move forward to enter the battle or backwards; at the end of that time, we could then enter the battle circle, but I've never seen that before in this particular dungeon.

Is this a bug or is this something new that got implemented for this particular dungeon? Or is this something that happens in dungeons when you go into a dungeon with another person. This guy and I, I guess I should be clear, just entered the dungeon from the sigil together, we weren't grouped.

It looked like a bug, hence why I'm posting it here.

Thanks!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Halimeda on Nov 20, 2021 wrote:
This was one of the rare times I was actually in a group with someone (I usually solo), and we were doing the Malistaire dungeon at the end of Dragonspyre together - I was on my Ice, and the other guy was a Myth. I'd just listened to the dialogue before the battle with Malistaire, and then all of a sudden, I got a thing on the screen that said "Waiting for Other Players", and it gave me a 4 minute and 30 second timer. Right on the screen, in huge writing. I've never seen this before in the middle of a dungeon. It looked almost like a team-up timer but we were in the middle of the dungeon, we weren't at the entrance or on the outside of it (we were inside of it). It passed maybe 2 minutes worth of time, during which neither I nor the person my group could move - like, we couldn't move our characters at all but I could move around in a circle, I just couldn't move forward to enter the battle or backwards; at the end of that time, we could then enter the battle circle, but I've never seen that before in this particular dungeon.

Is this a bug or is this something new that got implemented for this particular dungeon? Or is this something that happens in dungeons when you go into a dungeon with another person. This guy and I, I guess I should be clear, just entered the dungeon from the sigil together, we weren't grouped.

It looked like a bug, hence why I'm posting it here.

Thanks!
it's not a bug, it's hard coded in so that everyone gets a chance to see the entire cut scene without being left out of the battle. what it's telling you is that there are other players that are still watching the cut scene and you don't get to start the battle till everyone is finished.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Ah, okay. Thank you for letting me know this wasn't a bug. I thought it was really strange at the time but now that makes more sense. Thank you so much!