Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death and Myth minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2012
I was just wondering if I was the only one that believed death should be the minion school, since they are necromancers (who command armies of the dead). While myth yes, i can understand it being the stun school since ancient epics and myths are "stunning". Just saying, I think death should have more minion capabilities and not have the worst one in the game, or until recently the 1-5pip where the 5 pip minion that is all the lesser of Talos in which has the same pip value.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
rexaleana on Nov 6, 2021 wrote:
I was just wondering if I was the only one that believed death should be the minion school, since they are necromancers (who command armies of the dead). While myth yes, i can understand it being the stun school since ancient epics and myths are "stunning". Just saying, I think death should have more minion capabilities and not have the worst one in the game, or until recently the 1-5pip where the 5 pip minion that is all the lesser of Talos in which has the same pip value.
I see your point, but really (imo) both Myth and Death are minion schools. The main difference (again imo) is that Myth wizards are friendly towards minions and helps the wizard finish the battle; Death wizards are aggressive towards minions and use them to strengthen themselves or wear down enemies.

Not only that, Myth would have a variety of spells to choose minions from. Meanwhile Death has very few spells, but the spells yield multiple results (ie. Animate), or in other instances there would be a single minion that they rely on throughout the necromancer's growth.

From my opinion, Myth should be getting stronger minions throughout the game even if other schools do not; Death should have a single or very few spells that can summon a stronger minion based on how strong the user is. Animate somewhat fits what I mean, where depending on how much energy (pips) the necromancer puts into the spell, the stronger minion you will get.

Yes Irate Pirate is weaker than Talos, but Talos is a level 55 spell while Animate is a level 28 spell (basically half the level) which would be compared to the other 3 pip minion summon spells. Irate Pirate has a Damage boost, high Death resist, a decent power pip chance, and decent health. For a "3 pip" minion spell that is excellent!

===============================================================
A friend and I were talking about a spell that would let you control your minions actions. He asked if it would be a good Death spell, but I asserted that it would be more of a Myth spell than a Death spell. I then proposed that a Death spell with the same feature would instead beguile and control an enemy's minion.
===============================================================

The next step would be for Myth and Death to have minions that can survive against regulary mobs in Mirage and later. For Myth, they should be obtained throughout the journey. For Death, it should be one minion with some way to "strengthen" the base stats of minion.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, Irate Pirate is not a 3 pip minion, he's a 5 pip minion.
(and often he is 6 pips because of the lack of pip conserve)