Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Myth - Adding More Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2011
Hello, I have been playing wizard 101 since 2011 and I have an issue with the school of myth. The specialty of the school of myth is its minions, however the last time the school received a new minion was in 2013, 8 years ago. Also the latest minion myth receives is at level 75, 65 levels away from the current level max. I find it unfair and honestly disrespectful to the games community that this particular school has been overlooked for so long and that diminishes the game experience overall for so many players. Although I really appreciate the games resent updates and additions to the school of myth and the game in general there really should be an update to the school of myth pertaining specifically to its minion catalog. Thank you for your time.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
There are three new minions at Level 108 that you can randomly get by using the Witch's Housecall spell. Granted it's an attack and used primarily for the damage over the minions, but I guess it counts. This happened in 2015.

And if that doesn't count, we got the Monstrology update in 2017. This effectively gives us a thousand or so new minions to choose from, and that number will continue to rise both as new content is released and as more Extracts are made available. Sure, everyone can use Monstrology but Myth does get an advantage by naturally being able to use Power Pips for these summons and being able to control multiple minions at a time.

And if that also does not count, we got a new minion this year. The Golem Taunt spell can be used to enchant the Golem Minion, turning it into a tauntbot and granting it more health.

Personally I'd like for them to rework the Troll and maybe the Cyclops and/or Minotaur minions before giving us even more trained pure minion spells. We've already seen a rework for Storm's Water Elemental, Death's Animate spell, and Life's Sprite minion (they also got a new minion this year thanks to the newly learnable Sprite Swarm spell), so it wouldn't be too far-fetched to see those spells changed.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Thanks Torpzun26 for your empathy and understanding on the matter. I also hope they rework some of the already existing minions. I also appreciate the advantage we get in monstrology and the minions we get from witch's house call are not that good but I guess it's ok. But me personally, I think those things would be great but for me it's not a substitute for the real thing, which is adding current relevant myth minions to our roster. For me the idea that the things you mentioned could be something to appease players who enjoy myth is in my opinion is plain irresponsible. Thanks for the info again and hopefully they will update the school soon.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
That's the difficulty with Myth's identity. They can't make minions more effective than other Wizards, because otherwise Myth quickly becomes overpowered. They can't make minions too weak, otherwise (as they are now), they aren't pip-efficient and won't get used.

Minions, as a whole, need a rework. It is a delicate balance, one that is functionally impossible in a game like W101, where there is a cap on how many characters can be in combat at once. Either minions can't take a slot in the combat wheel, or Myth needs a new identity.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
I bugged KI about this since Spring test realm and we got the first change during Summer test, and I also raise the issue that both Myth and Death have no meta PvE minons that can actually take a hit from a mob or actually deal significant damage.

For Myth, they should keep getting Minions that specialize in a certain area (damage/defence/support/healing), and more minion interacting spells (Golem: Taunt was a great example of this).

For Death, they should have one Minion spell that can get stronger or upgraded depending on how strong the wizard is. This is because a necromancer should have one trustworthy loyal servant they can depend and watch as their powers grow. My idea for this was 10% of wizard's stats per pip at a cost of 5% HP per pip so that at 14 pips, the minion gets 140% of the wizard's stats (PvP limit for resist) at the cost of 70% HP. You would get the spell at lvl 10, and can upgrade it every 10 levels at Dworgyn. At lvl 100, the spell also costs X-shadow pips to set the shadow rating (rating * shadow pips) with 0 being no shadow rating.

A general idea I came up with is a minion stat that would boost the strength of minions. Myth would have the highest universal rating. More details on the here.