Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk strategy? Stuck at Sudrilund

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hello, I have made it up to Sudrilund on my Balance wiz and now I'm getting crushed. Is there certain gear that can help me through wintertusk? Is there a certain new spell I need(I'm up to power nova)? I really need advice/help because I'm stuck in Celestia too.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
If you have access to Sudrilund, my recommendation is, if you haven't already, to get the Wintertusk Crafted gear. On my balance (now in Khrysalis part 1), that being said, I didn't actually do that. I didn't craft gear until I got to Avalon (and she's still wearing that gear since I haven't been able to get through Tartarus). But I tend to PvE solo and use crowns minions on the super hard end of world battles.

I'd be curious as to your deck set up. Spamming Power Nova and Helping Hands at around Celestia level (until I got Availing Hands) became my very favorite thing to do, especially adding sun spell damage enhancements in the mix. It also helps to have an amulet with a Feint card on it, that way you can stack two different types of Feint (a +75 and a +70), presuming you've learned Feint, of course - you can also stack three if you really time things right, and add a Feint TC in the mix. (I recommend putting both Availing and Helping hands in your deck if you're going to do this, the battles will be longer, but you'll also live longer; also get gear with incoming heal - that helps a bunch with both of those spells).

Wintertusk is an insanely difficult world; sometimes you may find yourself pausing and going back to Celestia and then going back to Wintertusk, that's what I had to do on my Death (my death, of course, was my first run through of Celestia and Wintertusk, however, and I've had a better time since, now that I know what to expect) - make sure you look up the bosses before you fight them, too. Many of the WT bosses cheat, and some of the cheats, once you know them are easy enough to get around (and yes, the Balance bosses are going to be painfully long battles, I'm sorry in advance - you're probably going to seriously hate Hydra and Spectral Blast at some point).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As mentioned, your gear is crucial. What level are you?

Wintertusk has some great crafted gear [recipe vendor is there in Sudrilund] that greatly helps. You need to be at least Grandmaster Artisan though [completing Celestia crafting quest].

Your ring and athame are also important. There is also a recipe vendor in Vestrilund that sells great level 56+ ring and athame. I encourage you to visit him and craft both the ring and athame. Both also grant incoming healing bonuses.

What about your pet? A solid pet with great talents is also an excellent addition.

And finally, what is your deck setup like? You only need a few blades, feints, and sun enchants such as giant, monstrous etc. Visit the sun trainer on the Floating Island and train all damage enchanting spells.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Halimeda on Oct 8, 2021 wrote:
If you have access to Sudrilund, my recommendation is, if you haven't already, to get the Wintertusk Crafted gear. On my balance (now in Khrysalis part 1), that being said, I didn't actually do that. I didn't craft gear until I got to Avalon (and she's still wearing that gear since I haven't been able to get through Tartarus). But I tend to PvE solo and use crowns minions on the super hard end of world battles.

I'd be curious as to your deck set up. Spamming Power Nova and Helping Hands at around Celestia level (until I got Availing Hands) became my very favorite thing to do, especially adding sun spell damage enhancements in the mix. It also helps to have an amulet with a Feint card on it, that way you can stack two different types of Feint (a +75 and a +70), presuming you've learned Feint, of course - you can also stack three if you really time things right, and add a Feint TC in the mix. (I recommend putting both Availing and Helping hands in your deck if you're going to do this, the battles will be longer, but you'll also live longer; also get gear with incoming heal - that helps a bunch with both of those spells).

Wintertusk is an insanely difficult world; sometimes you may find yourself pausing and going back to Celestia and then going back to Wintertusk, that's what I had to do on my Death (my death, of course, was my first run through of Celestia and Wintertusk, however, and I've had a better time since, now that I know what to expect) - make sure you look up the bosses before you fight them, too. Many of the WT bosses cheat, and some of the cheats, once you know them are easy enough to get around (and yes, the Balance bosses are going to be painfully long battles, I'm sorry in advance - you're probably going to seriously hate Hydra and Spectral Blast at some point).

Are there specific crafted items you recommend?

My deck setup is 4 Power novas, 2 Judgments, 4 balanceblades, 2 hexes, 2 helping hands(no availing hands yet), 2 pixies, and one spectral blast. I pack feint treasure cards which get really risky and treasure sheilds against the boss's school.

I have gear that gives me up to 100 critical balance rating and yet my power novas aren't doing too much.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Star Edward on Oct 8, 2021 wrote:
As mentioned, your gear is crucial. What level are you?

Wintertusk has some great crafted gear [recipe vendor is there in Sudrilund] that greatly helps. You need to be at least Grandmaster Artisan though [completing Celestia crafting quest].

Your ring and athame are also important. There is also a recipe vendor in Vestrilund that sells great level 56+ ring and athame. I encourage you to visit him and craft both the ring and athame. Both also grant incoming healing bonuses.

What about your pet? A solid pet with great talents is also an excellent addition.

And finally, what is your deck setup like? You only need a few blades, feints, and sun enchants such as giant, monstrous etc. Visit the sun trainer on the Floating Island and train all damage enchanting spells.

I'm level 60. The only thing about getting the crafted gear is that I'd have to go through Celestia which is arguably harder than wintertusk right now. I'm already using a ring and athame I got from a wintertusk vendor. I have alot of crit (100 balance) but no resist.

My deck setup is explained in my other post. 4 power nova, 2 judgements, 4 balanceblades 2 hexes, 2 helping hands, 2 pixies, and one spectral blast. I only have 2 training points so I'm worried I'll only get weak sun spells. My pet is an ancient Auspicious Ox- critical striker and hex.