Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I Start Gardening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2021
Please HELP, I'm wanting to start gardening now that I have a house but it won't let me. I even tried going back into the dorm room and gardening there but no luck? Any suggestions??

Administrator
Alura Star Bringer on Oct 2, 2021 wrote:
Please HELP, I'm wanting to start gardening now that I have a house but it won't let me. I even tried going back into the dorm room and gardening there but no luck? Any suggestions??
Hello! Make sure you are at least level 12 and have obtained and finished the quest Green Acres that Moolinda Wu gives in Ravenwood. If you have done this let us know!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Some tips on Gardening:

- Energy - Remember, Gardening requires energy. This globe refills every time you level, use this to your advantage.

- Plants Needs - Plants will only gain needs/pest once you teleport to the house. If you leave your plants without any needs, they will not die.

- Plants Maturing - To also add, you need to teleport to your home so your plants can get to the next stage [especially true from young to mature].

- Don't Overplant - Basically, since your energy bar is low [unless you have energy gear or endless supply of energy portions], try not to plant too many plants and you are unable to care for them fully.

- Treasures - Bazaar has decent treasures you can use if need be.

- Reagents - All plants, or most of them drop reagents. Don't sell these. Keep them!

- Plant Likes - Try to gain as many likes for your plants as possible. Many plants like "Garden Gnomes." Buy some and scatter them neatly throughout your garden. I encourage you to look up your plants you intend on the Wiki to check on these.

These are just a few beginner tips.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Good Luck and Happy Gardening!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
A good starter plant once you get to Krokotopia are Pink Dandelions. These plants only require watering and pollination and the occasional pest spell, and they drop from a lot of different monsters and bosses in Krokotopia. They're also good because they drop rare reagents such as blood moss and black pearls, which are needed for later crafting quests. Just make sure not to plant too many at one time. I've unfortunately made that mistake on a few characters, but if you do, you can always go out and level. Your energy replenishes itself every time you level, just in case you need to go back and finish tending your plants later.