Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Always able to choose the Level "Tier" of Pack & Bundle Gear Any Time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
This would be a well-deserved addition to Wizard101, for the people who bought Pack & Bundle Gear for the Stats, instead of Aesthetic, or even for both, especially since Bundle & Pack Gear keeps getting "Updated" to newer Level "Tiers", like 140 or 130 for example, to which if you redeemed the Pack or Bundle Gear at a Lower Level "Tier", you're pretty much stuck with that Level "Tier", unless you buy the Bundle or Pack again, to which it shouldn't be like this, cause if they keep "Updating" the Level "Tiers" without having ways for people who have the "Lower Level" Versions of this Gear to be able to choose what Level "Tier" they want at all times, they won't be able to get the "Higher Level" Versions without buying it again.

"":TLDR, or if I made it too confusing Below:""

Having the ability to be able to ALWAYS be able to choose what Level "Tier" of Pack & Bundle Gear that you want would be better than how it currently is, since being able to only choose it ONCE isn't a good feature to have, it just discourages people to buy them, and prevents people from using Pack & Bundle Gear at any Level they would like to use it as, since the "Tier" you got it at isn't temporary, it's permanent, and that isn't good, you should always be able to choose what Level "Tier" you would want Pack & Bundle Gear to be at, especially if Packs & Bundles gonna have their Gear "Updated" to 140, or even 130, since I have some Bundles I got when the Max Level was 100, but that Bundle has Level 130 Version of its Gear now, so it's pretty problematic that I cannot get this Higher "Tier" Gear without buying it again, especially when it comes to retired Bundles or Packs.

Thanks in advance if added!

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I will have to agree with Devin669311 in needing the ability to choose to advance the tier level of gear obtained through gift packs & bundles. I have several wizards that are holding on to packs/bundles that were either received as gifts from family members or from KI during the holidays.

In viewing the tier they would receive if opened/accepted at current level, the benefits would be not worth redeeming the packs. The redeemed packs are a toss of the coin in which items you get, so with the option to update the tier of gear obtained would be greatly appreciated. Not only that, I do have a few retired gift cards and there would be no way to purchasing the gift cards again for the updated gear.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Aug 4, 2021 wrote:
I will have to agree with Devin669311 in needing the ability to choose to advance the tier level of gear obtained through gift packs & bundles. I have several wizards that are holding on to packs/bundles that were either received as gifts from family members or from KI during the holidays.

In viewing the tier they would receive if opened/accepted at current level, the benefits would be not worth redeeming the packs. The redeemed packs are a toss of the coin in which items you get, so with the option to update the tier of gear obtained would be greatly appreciated. Not only that, I do have a few retired gift cards and there would be no way to purchasing the gift cards again for the updated gear.
Yeah, I agree also. They should really add these features to the game, it would make buying Bundles & Packs way more worth it, and there's less repercussions to buying them, too, so why not add ways to make people stop hesitating on buying Bundles & Packs, just cause of these inconvenient reasons that are in the game?

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I wonder if this idea will ever be considered still? This is still an issue that's currently in Wizard101, so I think they really need to do something about being able to always choose what Level "Tier" of Pack and Bundle Gear at any time, especially since they keep "Updating" them to 140 and 130, so this is kind of unfair to the people who already bought them at lower Levels.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
Agreeeeeeee!! I can’t express how much more I agree.

I love the bundles I’ve gotten for the houses, pets, and mounts; they’re always worthwhile. But I do enjoy the looks of the gear too. With W101 consistently on the need for speed with new worlds and level generations, I think this would be a pretty nice way to go.

I get I can stitch it, but things like the pet bundle where it has monstrology cards, I would hate to have to stitch and switch the whole thing because my gear stats suck when I have REALLY necessary cards!!