Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making my EV pretty and useful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I've spent a lot of time working on making my houses pretty and fun for me. As my main house is the Everafter Village, I have a lot of space and only 350 item slots, which does limit things a bit. I know that most people aren't going to take a full tour of my house bc it's huge, but I decorated it regardless.

I have a portals marked with a signs for my Daily which drops you off at the bottom of the hill to the Wishing Well, which is as close as I could get it to go, for my Crafting room in case anyone needs tables, to the Gingerbread House that has some games in it, and to my Death house for Fishing purposes for other people or other characters of mine. I also have one to my RBF just to make it easier for me to run to do my gardening.

I have been making tapestries to help both my main character and my lower level ones be able to get around easier, and I think that is beneficial to others as well. I'm currently running out of room for them (I built walls around the top so that they were easily accessible) and am considering moving them down to the fields in the front. I have seen some really neat floating tapestries and was wondering how to make those happen.

What other things could I add to make my home more useful? Also, I have seen some houses whilst doing the Tours that have 500 item slots, is that just for specific castles, or is there a way I can get more than the 350 I have increased it to?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Since I submitted this, I have figured out how to make the tapestries float and moved them to a better location leaving portals labelled for everything up at the entry. I also figured out how to get to the top of the waterfall and the pond that is up there and leave a portal to it. It's an excellent view. Kind of a nifty little addition.

I'm still trying to figure out how some of the castles that I'm visiting, including at least 2 Everafter Villages, for the rating are showing 500 items being used rather than the 350 that I am limited to. If someone could explain this to me, I would be eternally grateful. I love putting in little extras and that space is just so large, there are empty places that could use a little love.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
You may be able to position your portal target better if you place a carpet where you want it to go (use advanced move to position the carpet if necessary) and then position the target on the carpet. Don't worry if it's a bit in the air, that will work. The portal target will be to that position in space, not to the carpet, so you can remove the carpet once you have placed it to your liking.

You can use advanced move on tapestries to position them how you like. You can simply pick up or move the wall away from the tapestry and the tapestry will stay in place.

Some houses come with extra item space for castle blocks.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
There are also 100 bonus items reserved for castle magic items in every house.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Thank you. :) I used the carpet trick with the portal up to the top of the waterfall, I've tried to do so with the portal to the Wishing Well, but haven't had luck so far. I shall try a different carpet.

I know that when I have castle blocks up, like I used for hanging the tapestries before removing them to leave them floating, that they took up space in the 350 that I have and I could not add more to that number. I'll keep working on getting that portal set up closer to the well!