Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic: A Case of 5 Magical Doves?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
I have been working to decorate my Aero Village. I wanted to create a flock of Peace Doves and give each dove a magical effect that would randomly trigger. I made sure each dove had a different name. I added my first dove and, using one random reflector, gave her spells. Added a second dove and, using a second random reflector, gave him spells. I added two more doves without adding spells. All four of these doves were started at different (connected) pet crumbs. Then I added my fifth dove and placed him at a completely different pet crumb, unconnected to the crumbs the first four doves were to follow. The moment I placed him, the fifth dove began exhibiting every spell I had give to the first two doves! I hadn’t even had the chance to put any spells on him at all.

Now, in reflection, I have no idea if doves number three and four had stolen the spells from the first two, as well.

Is it because they all are the same breed of pet? When you assign the spells, it simply shows an image of the pet (or object), it does not reflect any given name or number.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
If you move items (especially with advanced move), that can confuse or lose the targeting of castle magic and occasionally the same item type has gotten mistargeted in my experience. This issue is especially bad with pets, perhaps because they are also self-moving. After you add in a pet of the same type or move one of them (especially with advance move) I would just get in the habit of checking that the castle magic on them is still working properly (some issues won't show up until you leave the house and return) and retargeting all the castle magic on them as necessary. Would be great if this bug were fixed, and I do think the situation is better than it used to be, but this is still a significant problem for castle magic users.