Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Safely Unsocket Jewels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
I know this doesn't exist but wondering if KI would consider making an expensive and/or rare un-socketing wrench. At this point I wouldn't mind paying 20,000 crowns to un-socket a jewel safely. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have a chance to remove at least one of those rare jewels like Pain Giver or Spell Proof. Just a thought.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
ZombBone on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:
I know this doesn't exist but wondering if KI would consider making an expensive and/or rare un-socketing wrench. At this point I wouldn't mind paying 20,000 crowns to un-socket a jewel safely. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have a chance to remove at least one of those rare jewels like Pain Giver or Spell Proof. Just a thought.
I agree. There's 2 pets I have that both have pet jewels. One is Pigsie and the other is mass feint.
I'd love to be able to swap those 2 around.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I wish you could unsocket jewels the same way as you unlock spots.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Jun 18, 2021 wrote:
I agree. There's 2 pets I have that both have pet jewels. One is Pigsie and the other is mass feint.
I'd love to be able to swap those 2 around.
If your pet has the event Jewel, for example the spring scroll of fortune offered the Pigsie jewel with the healer trait added, this jewel is 'No shatter' and can be removed or added to any pet at any time.

I definitely agree with the original post, Socket wrenches have very little use currently as they only unlock certain slots. If they were also able to un-socket a jewel, allowing for the character to reserve and reuse jewels, more wizards would be interested in obtaining the socket wrenches.

This could be especially beneficial if the jewel you need to remove is the last one or maybe you attached the wrong one by mistake.

Maybe even looking into more types of jewels that can be 'no shatter' or even seeing if a socket wrench could give a jewel the ability of 'no shatter'

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
ZombBone on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:
it should NEVER be THAT expensive to unsocket something. That would make the game more pay to win than it already is. SOME jewels can already be unsocketed. I BELIEVE the ones that can be removed for free are ones you get from cards you have to buy in stores, and the morganthe jewels, but I could be wrong on this.