Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"I am not a Robot"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Or, The Cruelty of the Wizard101 identity verification scheme.

I am probably not the only wizard who has tried logging into the game and entered the wrong password--twice. Sometimes I have left Caps Lock on, or I I forgot which account I was logging into and so on.

Torture then ensues. "Click on all squares that contain bicycle." Two problems there. If I have trouble logging into my bank, I might be asked to solve ONE CAPTCHA. Wizard101 makes me solve like...six of them.

The other problem is the incredibly poor image quality. The photos are super grainy, low contrast and the pixels are all almost the same color. Half the time, I end up saying "There are definitely no automobiles (or whatever) anywhere in this picture." My sister is colorblind--she could never solve one of these.

The pictures are so hard for me, a human, to solve, I have fancifully considered hiring a team of software engineers to design a robot to solve them for me.

Kingsisle, you have designed a system that is hard for humans to solve, but would be easier for a robot.

Please fix that.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2018
use a web browser to login in to the wizard101 website. the captcha is much easier to use, then go back to the app. might feel like an extra step, but saves a lot of time and more importantly aggravation.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 8, 2021 wrote:
Or, The Cruelty of the Wizard101 identity verification scheme.

I am probably not the only wizard who has tried logging into the game and entered the wrong password--twice. Sometimes I have left Caps Lock on, or I I forgot which account I was logging into and so on.

Torture then ensues. "Click on all squares that contain bicycle." Two problems there. If I have trouble logging into my bank, I might be asked to solve ONE CAPTCHA. Wizard101 makes me solve like...six of them.

The other problem is the incredibly poor image quality. The photos are super grainy, low contrast and the pixels are all almost the same color. Half the time, I end up saying "There are definitely no automobiles (or whatever) anywhere in this picture." My sister is colorblind--she could never solve one of these.

The pictures are so hard for me, a human, to solve, I have fancifully considered hiring a team of software engineers to design a robot to solve them for me.

Kingsisle, you have designed a system that is hard for humans to solve, but would be easier for a robot.

Please fix that.
The image quality in some of the CAPTCHAs is absolutely the reason I've been locked out of my account before - is there another car in this? This pixel in the back is colored like it could be something that's not a road or a sign, but I have no idea.