Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Craftable Mount Permanency

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
Something that I have wanted for quite a while is a craftable mount permanency.
The recipe would be simply as follows:
Temporary mounts of one variety equaling a total of 20 days or more
One mount permanency potion (obviously a crowns purchase, cost equal to that of a mid-range mount)

Much to my frustration, I tried for five winters to obtain a Yuletide Stag mount from the Winterland pack and spent a good chunk of money in the effort. So much so that I could no longer justify the expenditure. After the fifth year, I stopped buying the pack all together, because all I managed to gain during that time were temporary mounts.

To my thinking, if you have twenty day’s worth of a particular mount, you obviously have spent money on the pack. KI will still not be losing money on the deal, because of the potion cost…and the possibility of pack burn out is avoided.

Defender
May 22, 2012
Fandango739 on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Something that I have wanted for quite a while is a craftable mount permanency.
The recipe would be simply as follows:
Temporary mounts of one variety equaling a total of 20 days or more
One mount permanency potion (obviously a crowns purchase, cost equal to that of a mid-range mount)

Much to my frustration, I tried for five winters to obtain a Yuletide Stag mount from the Winterland pack and spent a good chunk of money in the effort. So much so that I could no longer justify the expenditure. After the fifth year, I stopped buying the pack all together, because all I managed to gain during that time were temporary mounts.

To my thinking, if you have twenty day’s worth of a particular mount, you obviously have spent money on the pack. KI will still not be losing money on the deal, because of the potion cost…and the possibility of pack burn out is avoided.
You never know KI might bring in a bundle including the Yuletide Stag in the future.