Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players Being Kind to other players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is going to appear or anything, but I would like to say something. There is no need to be mean to other players who are just trying to enjoy the game. I have been playing for many years and just this time I decided to start playing Beast Moon Hunt because I had heard good things about it. I am happy to say I loved it till a recent match. We had just started when I noticed most everyone was running from place to place not trying to interact with the other team very much. Well the way I understand to get real points one must fight the other team. Its a lot more fun that way. Anyways I saw another player running towards them and thought this was my chance. I was then pulled in but my other team mate left. I called out to them saying that I would die if no one came and one of the other players said "let the cyclops die," and continued on saying something to the extent it is my fault. I got mad and asked if he even knew how to play and he said something like a 1000 wins. Well someone who has played that much should know something about sports man like manners and how to play on a team. This is the first time that someone has done this to me but I have heard of others doing it to them. I may not try this again because I don't want to be treated like that. This is supposed to be fun, where players can get together and have fun. Its not supposed to hurt feelings. The only reason I did not report this character was because I did not catch their name and I basically left right away because I did not want to play with someone like that. To the other players on my team I apologize for that but I did not fell comfortable continuing. Not with someone with an attitude like that. To all other players please remember that these events are supposed to be about having fun. Win or loose its about getting together and doing something exciting, it is not all about wining. I might not go back to beast moon after this. I will have to think on it. To all players who play please just have a good time and always remember to be kind to your fellow players.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SqueakyPhantom01 on Mar 7, 2021 wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is going to appear or anything, but I would like to say something. There is no need to be mean to other players who are just trying to enjoy the game. I have been playing for many years and just this time I decided to start playing Beast Moon Hunt because I had heard good things about it. I am happy to say I loved it till a recent match. We had just started when I noticed most everyone was running from place to place not trying to interact with the other team very much. Well the way I understand to get real points one must fight the other team. Its a lot more fun that way. Anyways I saw another player running towards them and thought this was my chance. I was then pulled in but my other team mate left. I called out to them saying that I would die if no one came and one of the other players said "let the cyclops die," and continued on saying something to the extent it is my fault. I got mad and asked if he even knew how to play and he said something like a 1000 wins. Well someone who has played that much should know something about sports man like manners and how to play on a team. This is the first time that someone has done this to me but I have heard of others doing it to them. I may not try this again because I don't want to be treated like that. This is supposed to be fun, where players can get together and have fun. Its not supposed to hurt feelings. The only reason I did not report this character was because I did not catch their name and I basically left right away because I did not want to play with someone like that. To the other players on my team I apologize for that but I did not fell comfortable continuing. Not with someone with an attitude like that. To all other players please remember that these events are supposed to be about having fun. Win or loose its about getting together and doing something exciting, it is not all about wining. I might not go back to beast moon after this. I will have to think on it. To all players who play please just have a good time and always remember to be kind to your fellow players.
A good statement! Bullying is unacceptable in any environment and I am sorry you had a negative experience. I appreciate your courage in speaking out against it. Thank you for sharing and I hope you find better friends in the Spiral.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
It's pretty common for most Beastmoon matches to start with both teams "cap trading" as opposed to immediately looking for fights. You do get event points and Scroll of Fortune points for capturing battle rings. Although you also get event points for defeating players and capturing rings via battles, you won't get those points if you end up losing. So starting a match with some cap trading is the best way for both teams to reliably accrue some event and Scroll points. That way, win or lose, you still end up with a decent amount of event points to work towards rewards.You start to see more combat once each team is about halfway to winning or one side is much farther ahead.

Keep in mind that coordinating with your teammates goes both ways. If you want to start fights but the rest of your team isn't ready to do so yet then ignoring them and just starting fights anyways means you are the one who is not being a team player. It would be better to communicate with your teammates in advance if you'd like to start defending battle rings as opposed to just starting fights on a whim and expecting them to drop everything to come to your aid.