Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Buy Transformations With Gold Anymore

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
I'm one of those players who frequently use transformation elixirs from the crown shop. All the years I've been playing they've been buyable with gold for 500. I just went to buy one today and now they're only buyable with crowns. Have they decided to make these items crowns only now? And for why? Just wanted to know other opinions on it.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
peepo2399 on Mar 6, 2021 wrote:
I'm one of those players who frequently use transformation elixirs from the crown shop. All the years I've been playing they've been buyable with gold for 500. I just went to buy one today and now they're only buyable with crowns. Have they decided to make these items crowns only now? And for why? Just wanted to know other opinions on it.
Alleged rumors on Twitter suggest that the Transformations were being "abused" for "some reason", a few people mentioned "Transformations being Noisy".

To me, I feel Transformations should be special and something that you actually care about using.

I'd prefer it STAY as Crowns.

Make it a thing Streamers could gift to Subs that the Streamers and Subs go around the Commons as different Transformations for a Day. Like a Streamer could hold a "Draconian Pride Parade" with 100 people in Draconian Transformations around the Commons.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
This is temporary. People had been using transformations (especially large ones like Krokomummy) and clipping into arena battle rings to deliberately interrupt other people who were streaming PvP matches. Transformations for gold will be restored once the developers have sorted out a more permanent solution to this type of griefing.

In the meantime transformations available from NPCs such as the Bear Ballerina in Polaris and the Camel Costume in Mirage are still available for gold. You can also get the Gamma transformation by walking into the owl arch in the Crystal Caves.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
JValhalla on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Alleged rumors on Twitter suggest that the Transformations were being "abused" for "some reason", a few people mentioned "Transformations being Noisy".

To me, I feel Transformations should be special and something that you actually care about using.

I'd prefer it STAY as Crowns.

Make it a thing Streamers could gift to Subs that the Streamers and Subs go around the Commons as different Transformations for a Day. Like a Streamer could hold a "Draconian Pride Parade" with 100 people in Draconian Transformations around the Commons.
The thing is I do care about using them, but I really enjoy that they're not expensive and easy to buy. They only last an hour, so I have to continue to buy more and more when I use up my current ones. For one, 75/100 crowns add up if you're using them every hour. If they were making this permanent, I'd like if they at least made them last longer, or even have permanent transformations. At their current state, no one would care enough to buy them, since as far as I know, there are a small amount of players who buy these items regularly.

I don't quite see the reason why they're not giftable though, so maybe making them giftable would be nice.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
Tanner Silver on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
This is temporary. People had been using transformations (especially large ones like Krokomummy) and clipping into arena battle rings to deliberately interrupt other people who were streaming PvP matches. Transformations for gold will be restored once the developers have sorted out a more permanent solution to this type of griefing.

In the meantime transformations available from NPCs such as the Bear Ballerina in Polaris and the Camel Costume in Mirage are still available for gold. You can also get the Gamma transformation by walking into the owl arch in the Crystal Caves.
hopefully thats soon, because i really dont see buying them with crowns to be worth it in their current state of only being 1 hour long. i used to love going around as the dark sprite but i cant anymore cause i cant chuck 75 crowns an hour at the game.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Ultimately, it's up to them when to turn them back to both crowns and gold, but first the problems would have to be fixed.

They may never turn them back into gold, we have to respect that. If it means fixing an issue, that might be what we see.

But i do hope they are cost for gold again someday

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
if they stay crowns forever at least up the duration. because otherwise theres no point in buying them in their current state