Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Protect Deletion of Wizards / Accounts by Email Backup

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
'ABRACADABRA' is not a sufficient measure to prevent accounts from being deleted in the event of a hack / random lucky guess / someone else maliciously using the computer while you're AFK.

It would be nice to have an insurance policy so that wizards are not so vulnerable to deletion.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Exabytes on Feb 28, 2021 wrote:
'ABRACADABRA' is not a sufficient measure to prevent accounts from being deleted in the event of a hack / random lucky guess / someone else maliciously using the computer while you're AFK.

It would be nice to have an insurance policy so that wizards are not so vulnerable to deletion.
Agreed. I am sure players would feel more secure if better methods were implemented.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I think this is a good idea. I'd propose simply having a 8 digit confirmation key in ADDITION to abradadabra. When you get the email you can enter the key to confirm deletion of the wizard, and if you wait 20 minutes, the key becomes inactive.

For convenience sake, I'd also propose allowing people to use a phone number to receive the code.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Exabytes on Feb 28, 2021 wrote:

great idea yess, if my friend ever gets my account I dont want him to easily just delete my character, there should be someway to know on what device was the account first played on or something, i dont know.