Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New school I thought of for arc 4 or 5.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
In arc 2, we got shadow magic, in arc 3, we got shadow-enhanced spells. Why not do this again with something like "Void Magic" which could be the same type of magic that the Aberrant Paradox uses. It could come from "the nothing" a.k.a. the large black-hole like object outside of the Arcanum and Empyrea. Void Magic would have high damage but it wouldn't affect regular magic, so a Void spell wouldn't be effected by a balanceblade, a feint, a tower shield, etc. A music school would be cool as well, but we already sort of have that. Another cool thing to have would be Time Magic, which would allow you to say, speed up how fast you get pips, skip someone's turn, allow you to go twice, and hit with the same attack multiple times. I have no idea how any of these would be implemented, but I would say it would significantly increase the pip cost. Another thing I always think about are 2-shadow-pip spells, we already have shadow-enhanced spells that cost 1 shadow pip, but none that cost 2, other than the actual shadow spells of course.

I thought of all of this while I was bored in geometry so, it's probably not the best, but I'm open for discussion.

- Jack, Level 136 , 43 , 56, 52

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I agree that Arc 4 is the time to introduce a new kind of magic. Unfortunately, Musicology is kind of covered, and most of the Time Magic stuff you talk about is spread across several schools already.

I havent made it that far into Karamelle on my main because I've been playing a few side wizards recently, but void magic sounds cool.

The other thought that jumped to mind was Paradox magic. Sometime later in arc 4 learning how to control our powers as the Divine Paradox, as Bartleby has labeled us, and gain its power for 2 or 3 turns with a mega-polymorph similar but less powerful than the form we have when fighting the aethyr titan, as we arent backed by Bat and Mellori now. It would add to the game without feeling tedious by adding a whole school of magic, kind of like what musicology did.

I like the idea of spicing up the game, but I don't want to just add more training point syncs like sun and shadow did.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Time Magic sounds the coolest though it was introduced in Mirage already. Have some things like ZA WARUDO where everyone, including your friends are stunned for 5 rounds. Music school sounds great! Just what do you mean we already have something of that. Where like you can play a C minor triton and everyone is like AAAAAAAAAAAAA and then you do a lot of damage and stun them because they are like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

-Coyle IceGlade, Level 50

I dont usually sign anything like that but since you were doing it I thought- I thought I should do it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There is already another school in the works (we believe). We have no clue what it will entail, but it's in the Arcanum. If you're facing Librarian Fitzhume, turn 90 degrees facing left. There's a protected door there, with a a bars over it and in front of the door, and a school sign above the door. The sign looks like almost like a 4 pointed chinese star. It's been there for quite a few years since the Arcanum came out and nobody knows what the school will be used for yet. Will it be another Astral School? Will it sell new buffs/debuffs? Will it be a new activity? We havent a clue.

Another school that has been asked for more in the past that current is a Zodiac school with spells based off of the zodiac symbols. Yes, there are already some in the game (Judgement comes to mind), but it would be neat if they made this school (flavor wise).

All of this said, we'll have to wait and see what it is.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:
Time Magic sounds the coolest though it was introduced in Mirage already. Have some things like ZA WARUDO where everyone, including your friends are stunned for 5 rounds. Music school sounds great! Just what do you mean we already have something of that. Where like you can play a C minor triton and everyone is like AAAAAAAAAAAAA and then you do a lot of damage and stun them because they are like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I dont usually sign anything like that but since you were doing it I thought- I thought I should do it.
sorry C minor triton did not make sense, I meant C diminished chord.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
rest on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:
I agree that Arc 4 is the time to introduce a new kind of magic. Unfortunately, Musicology is kind of covered, and most of the Time Magic stuff you talk about is spread across several schools already.

I havent made it that far into Karamelle on my main because I've been playing a few side wizards recently, but void magic sounds cool.

The other thought that jumped to mind was Paradox magic. Sometime later in arc 4 learning how to control our powers as the Divine Paradox, as Bartleby has labeled us, and gain its power for 2 or 3 turns with a mega-polymorph similar but less powerful than the form we have when fighting the aethyr titan, as we arent backed by Bat and Mellori now. It would add to the game without feeling tedious by adding a whole school of magic, kind of like what musicology did.

I like the idea of spicing up the game, but I don't want to just add more training point syncs like sun and shadow did.
When does musicology get introduced, plus even if its introduced make the ability to learn it, or have nothing magic, where you do nothing and kill all the enemies just like OP.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008

I mean that a lot of time magic like things have already been being introduced. From saving a cast to be used in the future with daybringer/nightbringer to stunning an opponent to take away their turn, there are lots of ways time magic sorts of things have happened.

You start Karamelle by learning your school's musicology spell after defeating the Doom Box, so yeah we already kind of have that.

If they were going to put forth a new school it could be a unifying point to the astral schools: Light magic of some form, which would be a perfect counterpoint to Shadow magic.

I still like the OP's Void magic idea mostly because it makes blading useless from other schools. Maybe there are two kinds of radiation from the Nothing: Hawking radiation of matter and Arcanium (or something) radiation of superdense inert magic, which is the basis for making void magic. It could be really cool to do quests where we have to go to the black hole and collect things and protect what we collect, only to come back and learn a spell that, while really useful, doesn't work with the standard strategies we know and love.

Maybe the ability of void magic to bypass normal immunities could lead to some interesting cheating bosses (both mainline and side/key bosses) which require us to delve deeper into Nothing..... Just food for thought.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016

Incase the previous post did not go through: I meant a C diminished cord not a C minor triton.