Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New world ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hi everyone
I wanted to hear about some ideas the community has for new worlds or worlds that already exist, just for fun :)

I think Yago could be based on Thailand,
And Nodor could be based on the Ice Age around the dinosaurs time.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
The Nodor idea sounds really cool! It'd be interesting to see pets and/or mounts with this idea, I can picture a cute wooly mammoth.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi;
first of all i want to do a recap of what alredy existing that could help to open the debate around existing world and give idea for new ones.

im not an historian neither an american so i will probably misspell some Great Ages name and maybe saying something wrong so here we go :

- wizard city :
- krokotopia : Great Egypt/ Egyptian mythology
- marleybones : 19th century United kingdom/ Sherlock Holmes adventures
- mooshu : china or japan in a peace period/
- dragonspire : Roman empire/Fantasy world
- celestia : Atlantis
- zafaria : African tribes in a period of peace and trades/ the african mythology
- avalon : English middle age/Arthur myth
- azteca : Precolumbian civilisations/The mayan predictions about the end of the world
- khrisalys :
- polaris : French/Russian revolution
- Mirage : Persian empire/The 1001 nights
- Empyrea :
- Karamelle : today world
- Grizzleheim/
winterland : The vikings/ north mythology
- Wysteria :
- Aquila : Greek Mythology
- Darkmoor : A Dark Dimension where all monsters and darkness born
- Skull island : Nassau/ Pirates Golden Age
- Monquista : Spanish Golden Age/ the hunt for Catholic relics
- Cool Ranch : Wild West/ The Legends from the West
- Valencia : Italian Renaissance

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Star Gator on Feb 22, 2021 wrote:
Hi everyone
I wanted to hear about some ideas the community has for new worlds or worlds that already exist, just for fun :)

I think Yago could be based on Thailand,
And Nodor could be based on the Ice Age around the dinosaurs time.
now about yago and nodor,

For Nodor i'm not sure cuz we already have grizzleheim/winterland that already give an explaination of why there is winter in the spiral and Azteca.but there is no world thats inspired from antartica thats true

but for Yago,good idea. there is no world actually existing that represent the south asia, hawaii, new zealand region

lot of isolated islands, an interesting mythology to explore. this world era should be 6th to 13th century

personally i have more hope on exploring the native coolrancher world (Jakki origin world), a darkmoor like skull island or valencia.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Stormwind 8108 on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
Hi;
first of all i want to do a recap of what alredy existing that could help to open the debate around existing world and give idea for new ones.

im not an historian neither an american so i will probably misspell some Great Ages name and maybe saying something wrong so here we go :

- wizard city :
- krokotopia : Great Egypt/ Egyptian mythology
- marleybones : 19th century United kingdom/ Sherlock Holmes adventures
- mooshu : china or japan in a peace period/
- dragonspire : Roman empire/Fantasy world
- celestia : Atlantis
- zafaria : African tribes in a period of peace and trades/ the african mythology
- avalon : English middle age/Arthur myth
- azteca : Precolumbian civilisations/The mayan predictions about the end of the world
- khrisalys :
- polaris : French/Russian revolution
- Mirage : Persian empire/The 1001 nights
- Empyrea :
- Karamelle : today world
- Grizzleheim/
winterland : The vikings/ north mythology
- Wysteria :
- Aquila : Greek Mythology
- Darkmoor : A Dark Dimension where all monsters and darkness born
- Skull island : Nassau/ Pirates Golden Age
- Monquista : Spanish Golden Age/ the hunt for Catholic relics
- Cool Ranch : Wild West/ The Legends from the West
- Valencia : Italian Renaissance
I noticed some things I think you may have missed, as I've been discussing themes and design choices in the game with family and friends for a few years now.

Dragonspyre takes influence from many places, but based on the accent of the people there, I'd argue its based on Romania and Rome simultaneously (I guess the names are similar enough)

Karamelle, while based on modern times has heavy Swiss and Austrian influences.

Celestia takes a lot of inspiration from the TV show "Stargate: Atlantis" while also being based on Atlantis itself.

Azteca is specifically based around Aztecan and Mayan cultures and mythos. Northern Precolumbian Societies are not represented here, and as such can be explored in future worlds.

Mooshu, including Shangri-Ba takes a lot of chineese and japaneese influence, but given the tibet referenced in Shangri-Ba, its safe to say that it is supposed to represent that entire region of Asia.

Filling in some gaps you left:

Khrysalis is based on the Prehistoric Carboniferous and Triassic periods. This was when bugs were HUGE and the Earth was pretty much 2 landmasses with an ocean in the middle and terrifying sea creatures littering the ocean.

Wizard City has a lot of architecture iconic to German areas, and if it is based on germany more generally, that would explain why the Grizzleheim(Norse) ship can sail there so easily.

Wysteria is the answer to "Ravenwood is just Hogwarts" and inspired by Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Empyrea is HEAVILY based on Star Trek and Batman

Just wanted to help with the recap!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
rest on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
I noticed some things I think you may have missed, as I've been discussing themes and design choices in the game with family and friends for a few years now.

Dragonspyre takes influence from many places, but based on the accent of the people there, I'd argue its based on Romania and Rome simultaneously (I guess the names are similar enough)

Karamelle, while based on modern times has heavy Swiss and Austrian influences.

Celestia takes a lot of inspiration from the TV show "Stargate: Atlantis" while also being based on Atlantis itself.

Azteca is specifically based around Aztecan and Mayan cultures and mythos. Northern Precolumbian Societies are not represented here, and as such can be explored in future worlds.

Mooshu, including Shangri-Ba takes a lot of chineese and japaneese influence, but given the tibet referenced in Shangri-Ba, its safe to say that it is supposed to represent that entire region of Asia.

Filling in some gaps you left:

Khrysalis is based on the Prehistoric Carboniferous and Triassic periods. This was when bugs were HUGE and the Earth was pretty much 2 landmasses with an ocean in the middle and terrifying sea creatures littering the ocean.

Wizard City has a lot of architecture iconic to German areas, and if it is based on germany more generally, that would explain why the Grizzleheim(Norse) ship can sail there so easily.

Wysteria is the answer to "Ravenwood is just Hogwarts" and inspired by Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Empyrea is HEAVILY based on Star Trek and Batman

Just wanted to help with the recap!
well thanks a lot for these informations, i missed so much reference on this games and i always love to discover new ones.