Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 VR

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2019
I think this could be a big opportunity for kingsisle and wizard 101.

With the recent emergence of VR and the oculus quest 2 selling an estimated 1 or 2 million units, wizard 101 vr could be a huge thing for kingsIsle. There assets already seem viable for vr, graphics wise, and I think it would be pretty easy for them to create the first person experience. The mechanism of standing in battle circles would be great for VR just because it lowers motion sickness and of course, cross platform would be great too.

Just an idea I thought would benefit y'all and the players, also a new stream of revenue if you wanted to look at it that way.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
TheMadHatterJr on Feb 14, 2021 wrote:
I think this could be a big opportunity for kingsisle and wizard 101.

With the recent emergence of VR and the oculus quest 2 selling an estimated 1 or 2 million units, wizard 101 vr could be a huge thing for kingsIsle. There assets already seem viable for vr, graphics wise, and I think it would be pretty easy for them to create the first person experience. The mechanism of standing in battle circles would be great for VR just because it lowers motion sickness and of course, cross platform would be great too.

Just an idea I thought would benefit y'all and the players, also a new stream of revenue if you wanted to look at it that way.

Great idea, but VR does not do much other than have the only thing you see is the game, you still have to press a button to move. Maybe Wizard101 also could be connected to a VR that has you walk to move in the game.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Not saying I wouldn't love it, but standing in a circle is the pinnacle of VRness?

lol, jk, It would actually be kinda of cool to see a giant whatever attacking you lol

Survivor
Sep 27, 2019
coyle icebalancestormdeathriver -- Yeah, the move mechanics would probably be something similar to OrbusVr: Reborn, were its to room scale and/or stationary with the joystick on the controllers.

exp613 -- I agree, the visuals of a spell character attacking you would be really cool. And for standing in a circle while battling it out, they could make it to were you can almost move the camera angle to what you want during the battle. When you have to pick a spell, it resets to your characters point of view, like the cards are floating in the air in front of you or somthing, then goes back to your desired camera angle once you finalize what spell your casting, that way you can get some really cool views and feel even more immersed.