Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freeze plant growth for house decoration

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I love the silly looks of many plants such as the melting cheese tree, but I don't want to spend energy taking care of it for rewards and want to instead use it for house decoration. I've seen many house decorators leave their plants at ancient to achieve this effect, but the ghostly/spectral appearance of an elder plant doesn't fit the theme of most houses.

Possible solutions?

1. Make a new gardening spell that halts plant growth at adult. Doing so would prevent it from ever being harvested, and it would no longer turn into an elder plant.

2. Add in a new stasis/botanist wizard that can convert your plant seeds and selected gardening pot into an outdoor decoration item for a gold fee. I like this idea a lot more because a combined item would only take up one house slot, and it has the potential to be customized with an otherwise rarely used items like the small enchanted planter that holds multiple seeds. This new item would also be free from advanced placement restrictions normally used on pots, because it would purely be a decoration item.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There already exists a mechanism to do what you are looking to do. It's a gardening spell called "Second Spring" It allows you to make it so that the pets appear younger (aka non-ghosty) and can be used in Decorating.

Please see the link here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Second_Spring#axzz6m0DtaXXB

Hope that helps! Happy Decorating!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Just use the Second Spring spell. It makes an elder plant look like an adult plant.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
This is what the "Second Spring" gardening spell does. You use it on an elder plant to revert it to its mature appearance and no longer have any needs. You can purchase the spell from Roger the Shrubber in Abbey Road, Avalon at Rank 15 Gardening. Treasure card versions of the spell are also widely available at the Bazaar.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
we have a spell called Second Spring. you cast it on an elder plant and it looks like an adult plant. since a plant at elder can just stay there and not have any needs. you get what you just asked for, a plant as a house decoration.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Thanks for the replies! I just came back after a few years and didn't realize this already existed in the game. I will hunt down this ability as soon as I reach rank 15 in gardening!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Second Spring treasure cards also appear, quite frequently, at the bazaar.